“Nice Diner!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed August 19, 2014

This is one of those places that has good food, but is not a "fancy" place. They have a buffet as well as menu service. Most foods on the buffet are plain, country food, but they also have a salad and desert bar with it. May times they have 3-5 protein entree's, and 6-8 Veggies. For example, I ate there last night and had my choice of Baked chicken, Pot Roast, Salmon Patties and spaghetti with meat sauce. The desserts included such tings as Pudding, cake, Peach cobbler(made with fresh local peaches!), and bread pudding. I never hesitate to eat there, especially when I'm hungry!

1  Thank Rharobed
There are newer reviews for The Hungry Farmer

Reviewed August 2, 2014

I usually like Hungry Farmer but went on Thursday 7/31 to try the seafood buffet and wish I had stayed home. The best thing remotely to seafood they had were the salmon cakes. The shrimp was rubbery and white fish and catfish were over cooked. I hope it isnt going down hill.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

There is not good place to begin, so I will suffice it to say to any future patrons. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! Other than the salad bar, there is nothing fitting to eat on the buffet bar! I have never seen "fried" chicken like they serve. Ditto for the spaghetti! Take a travelers advice and drive 15 minutes to Mt. Airy and eat at a chain restaurant!

3  Thank laidbackindaguy
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We went to The Hungry Farmer on a recommendation and were extremely disappointed to say the least. The buffet looked ransacked and nasty the night we were there. We didn't even want to try it!. We did order and the food we received was not good at all. The service wasn't any better. We will never go back and we sure won't recommend this place to anyone else either.

4  Thank SmBlock400
Reviewed November 20, 2013

It doesn't look like much, but the staff are genuinely happy to see you, and the buffet lunch is a total steal at $6.75.

The place is very popular with people passing through and with locals. The buffet is the attraction: a first-rate salad bar of super-fresh ingredients, home-made pickled beets, biscuits and cornbread muffins, soups, two meat dishes (roast chicken and pork chops when we were there), cracklin', three types of potatoes, grits, collards, corn, green beans, baked beans, mac and cheese, and several desserts. YIKES! Too much to try, but all in all, the best lunch value for 100 miles, I'll bet.

3  Thank rondi3