“Wonderful Food”

Cuisines: Italian
Burkeville, Virginia
“Wonderful Food”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I had not been in Mimmo's in a while and needed to take a business friend to lunch on a recent Friday. I had the best grilled salmon this side of the Red Lobster that I have ever eaten. My friend enjoyed the stromboli, a huge dish! The waitress was awesome. She recommended that I get a rice side dish for my salmon. It was nearly as good as the salmon. I know the principals at the restaurant and can be accused of having a bias. But when it comes to food, like sex, quality wins out every time. If you are in or near Burkeville, do yourself a favor and dine at Mimmo's right off U.S. 460. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited August 2014

Lynchburg, Virginia
“Quaint and perfect!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Recommended to us by the hotel we were staying at, this is one of the best "unknowns" in this town. The waitress was awesome and on top of everything without a second guess. The portions were HUGE and delicious. This is a bi-monthly trip for us, and this will definately be our Lunch go to each and every time from now on. I am thinking that the hours on the door said closed on Monday - but I am unsure of that one.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Txtransplant2009
Richmond, Virginia
“Great Italian Food!”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

You may not believe this review just by looking at the outside, but you will agree when you are done with the meal.

I've eaten at this restaurant whenever I'm in the area, and I have never been disappointed with a meal.

• Visited October 2013
Stony Creek, Virginia
“Modest facade belies fabulous food!!!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

A simple day trip through rural Southern Virginia resulted in the discovery of this outstanding little Italian restaurant just off State Route 460 in Burkeville, Virginia. Expecting a routine, ho-hum, run-of-the-mill menu in this somewhat small, nondescript building in a little strip mall along this highway, imagine my delight to find some of the most outstanding, unique, freshly prepared Italian food I have ever experienced in the Commonwealth of Virginia! And this was at lunch!!!!

While the food is superb, the prices are very reasonable,and this is very much a family establishment. Owners Mimmo & Grace Amato, are providing this area with delicious old world non-traditional Italian fare, they also serve spectuctular traditional Italian dishes, as well as American favorites. If you find yourself anywhere in this part of the State, or for that matter, have the time, make a point of going to Mimmo's. You will not be disappointed!!

• Visited February 2013