“Stay Somewhere else”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Burkeville
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I usually don't write reviews on here, I read the reviews on here...but i needed to warn people ahead of time not to stay at this hotel if you have to stay in the area I'd recommend Hampton Inn in Farmville or the Econo Lodge in Amelia Courthouse, VA (more affordable)...the Amelia courthouse doesn't have good breakfast the breakfast looks like they literally get it from the grocery store located near the hotel, so if you look forward to breakfast you may not like this hotel, granted they have a McDonald's and other restaurants within walking distance you could get breakfast at, but the rooms are clean and if you stay there try an get a room on the higher levels the first floor sometimes has an odor in the hall, not so much in the room but to be safe I'd get a room on a higher level. Hampton Inn is real nice but a little bit pricier.

Now back to the review on Comfort Inn. When you first walk into the hotel lobby you will be fooled because the lobby looks nice...but the rooms not so much. Luckily i only had to stay one night...but i had a room on the first floor and as soon as i walked in there was a strong musty odor, there were stains on the lower part of one of the beds and a mushroom growing under the sink in the hotel bathroom (never seen that in my life till this hotel stay). The whole experience was uncleanly the shower head was dirty and the rooms looked old, the only new thing in the room was the flat screen TV, oh an i will mention the TVs at the Econo Lodge are basic TVs but watchable. Anyways that was pretty much the only nice thing in that room. Even the fridge smelt funny an was not to cold, not that i wanted to put anything in there anyways.

I can say one thing that the staff there are really friendly and helpful, and they do offer breakfast, but if the rooms look like that i didn't want to see what the breakfast was like so i skipped that.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank anonoymous c

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Theres not much to choose from in this area. This hotel had decent rates for this type of hotel. Room was decent, clean, average amenities. Comfy bed and pillows, flat screen tv and a fridge in the room.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank BizDevRoadee
Reviewed January 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel recently. We felt the price was far to high for what we got. Our room had no microwave or refrigerator. The internet went down continously. The breakfast was menial at best. When we checked out, we voiced our concerns. The only response we got was we'll make comments. The manager was sitting right beside the employee checking us out. He did not seem concerned at all. I felt like he could care less. He heard every comment and offered no apology or discount. Tonight we are staying at a far better hotel - larger with a refrigerator, microwave and we feel appreciated. The cost was $ 20 less! This manager seemed so concerned with the experience we had last night and it isn't his hotel. My advice to you...skip this one...don't do them the honor of your staying at their establishment.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank RoanokeBorn
Reviewed January 17, 2011

I work for the railroad and this is the lodging facility that they use for train and engine service employees who stay in Crewe as their away from home terminal. I have stayed at this hotel several times and I will have to say it is an excellent facility. It is located off US460 and is far enough away from the highway that noise is not an issue.

As you walk into this hotel you will see a beautiful lobby that with a high ceiling flat screen TV, Internet connected computer (for guest use) and of course the front desk, The breakfast room is also towards the back of the lobby and has ample seating. If you walk further past the breakfast area, you will find a video arcade, indoor pool, fitness center, and laundry room. There are 2 floors in this hotel and It has interior corridors and a very nice Virginia hydraulic elevator with MCE controller, so if you are on the 2nd floor you wont have to walk up the stairs unless you want to. The hotel itself is very clean and the staff is very friendly. Rocco is the front desk manager and he is always nice and treats guests very professionally. He is probably the staff member that I would say that gives this property character, It is always festive for all the holidays and he is the one behind it.

Now for the most important part, The rooms. The rooms are excellent and very spacious and CLEAN. Every room I have stayed in has had 2 double beds and each bed has 4 pillows that are firm and not flat. The mattress is also on the firm side which for me, is good as well. Each bed has sheets, a thick blanket and a comforter. There are ceiling fans in all the rooms and the last room I stayed in had a fridge, however there was no microwave. The television set is a zeinth concierge CRT television but still has a good picture. Furniture wise the room has your standard hotel/motel nightstand with phone and alarm clock, a desk with a chair so you can use your laptop with their FAST wireless internet. The bathroom is fairly large and very clean. Water pressure is also good so you can be assured that you will have a good shower.

The hotel's breakfast is always nice and they have waffles, cereal, and breads. It is all you can eat and it is free.

Overall I will say this is an Excellent hotel. I really can't think of anything I don't like about this place. The rooms are very clean and the beds are comfortable. The staff is very friendly, the internet is FAST, and the breakfast is very enjoyable. I have stayed here multiple times and never had a bad experience.

PROS:
CLEAN ROOMS
good water pressure/ hot showers
ceiling fans in all rooms
elevator
interior corridors
free parking
Hotel provided computer for guests
VERY friendly front desk manager

CONS:
No microwaves in rooms

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
5  Thank dieselducy
Reviewed June 22, 2010

The hotel does not allow microwaves in the room. This is an issue if you are in one place for more than 30 days. There are only two resurants in the town, and Im sure the lack of microwaves is becuase the hotel is colocted with a resturant, forcing some to eat there. The pool is filthy. The staff is rude. The maitance men have been taking their boots off and putting their bare feet on the lobby coffee table. The local population comes in and uses the luandry facility, my co-worker had to wait 3 hours for a dryer becuase of this. The local population is allowed to use th pool for a fee and it seems that it does not get cleaned. The rooms do not have refridgerators unless you ask the front desk, they act offended when you ask for one. The GM never greets any guests, and the AGM hangs the phone up before the conversation is over.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
5  Thank evilgator
Reviewed January 10, 2010

The Comfort Inn in Burkeville has several positive aspects. The rooms are clean. The rooms are up to date with a fairly attractive wallpaper and decent furniture. The bathroom was modern and spacious and the quite modern.

There is a small diner next to the hotel which is cool because you walk right over. And there is a small pond with a little covered bridge walkway that leads to the motel. During the summer you can feed the fish with bread and the like.

It also has some negatives. The pool is closed and has been closed for years; yet the pool picture remains on the website. The phone system is broken. There is a constant message light that blinks in the room. The first thing I always think is there is something wrong at home. But, apparently, there was a short circuit and now the phones always show that there is a message.

During my latest stay I asked for a late checkout. The receptionist said they could only grant me until noon. At about 11AM she called to ask if I planned on checking out that day. I guess she forgot speaking to me.

Overall the motel is fairly good. But it is a bit expensive. The amenities probably don't justify the price. You might be better off checking out the motor lodge or bed and breakfast in Blackstone.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank OnTheBeat
Reviewed June 21, 2009

We traveled to Burkeville, about 15 miles outside of Blackstone vA, for a family event with friends. We arrived late but the staff was pleasant and accomodating. The lobby was bright and welcoming. In the morning we enjoyed a complimentary continental breakfast. If the occasion arose, I would stay at this location again..

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RuthWestOrangeNJ

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!