“A taste of Lebanon”

Cuisines: Lebanese
Springfield, Virginia
“A taste of Lebanon”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Being from Lebanon and growing up with my mom's homemade food, I am very critical about getting Lebanese food from places other than home. My family and I have been going to Cedar Café ever since it has opened. We get our groceries (bread, labne, etc) and our favorite chicken shawarma and kibbeh. The kibbeh is the best I have tasted and my mom even admits so. The owner always greets us with a big smile. It is a wonderful small restaurant that you must try.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank ctina08

Metro Washington DC
“Don't let the humble location fool you...”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

...the food is on par with what you'd find at hip restaurants. We have a lack of selection here in Burke (I never understood why) but this place is still a gem. When you're not in the mood to go to Lebanese Taverna and don't mind being served on foam plates in the pleasant, humble surroundings, the food here will not disappoint, and neither will the price. It isn't cheap but you get a fair deal. My fav: chicken liver pressed in pita. Go try it and keep this gem alive. We need to reward our local business owners who do good work.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank 1stChapter
Springfield, Virginia, United States
“Fresh good food and a great value”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My family and I go here for the chicken shawarma sandwich platter and the chicken kabob platter.
We love to share the side salads they sell as well. They also have gift certificates available. The food is always fresh and the staff is friendly.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Alice K
Bowie, MD
“Tasty, inexpensive Lebanese food”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband and I both had the beef shawarma sandwich. $5.90 by itself, or $9.00 with fries, salad and drink. Good sandwich... with tahini, which is dairy free. Lots of salads at the counter, sold by weight. I had artichokes, very good, and a pastry stuffed with beef. I would definitely go back. Highest price was $13, mixed kebob platter.

• Visited May 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
“Great for Grazing”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

If you like to nosh on a little of this and a little of that, this is the place for you. Most of the salads/side dishes are sold by weight, and there is no minimum, so you can have a spoonful or a bucketful of over a dozen side dishes. Also good for vegetarians or anyone who likes fresh wholesome ingredients. You may want to wait a bit to let some of the sides lose their chill, since the cold temperatures tend to sap some flavors.

• Visited April 2013