“Breakfast - not so good.”

Anita's Mexican Food
Ranked #27 of 66 Restaurants in Burke
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I saw a sign outside that said Anita's was open for breakfast. A colleague and I stopped by the next day when they opened. We were the only ones there. It took quite a while to get the meals and when we got them, they were cold, as if they'd been cooked and left sitting. I won't go back and in fact, probably won't go back for dinner either.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I come here monthly with a men's group for breakfast. The service is excellent and the food, which is Mexican, is excellent, both in value and in quality. I have not been here for dinner, as the ambience is less than stellar for that type of visit (it is in a strip mall).

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We went one evening when the wait at Austin Grill was too long. The service was fine, but the food was quite disappointing. Not a single item was as tasty as the comparable version at Austin Grill. This may be just a preference for TexMex over real-Mex, but I was disappointed.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Probably the best Mexican restaurant in the Springfield/Burke area. Reason why I give it 4 stars and not 5 is simply because it doesn't have that great of an atmosphere. Never seems to be over half full, and it just seams a little quiet and dead. BUT, the food is great, and that's what keeps me coming back.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

27 years ago I moved to Virginia, one of the first restaurants I ate at was Anita's. I loved the food then and today it remains the same. While not a 5-star restaurant it provides good tex-mex favorites that never fail; the staff has always been pleasant and attentive. If you are looking for a more authentic tex-mex fare, choose from multiple locations