“Pretty good take out food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Duk Wo Restaurant

Cuisines: Chinese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Mandeville, Louisiana
“Pretty good take out food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

We have gotten take-out from here a couple of times, and felt that the food was pretty good and at fair prices. We have never eaten at the location, so can't comment on staff or ambiance. We have only gotten sushi and sashimi once, but it was very good. We usually order the more mainstream items such as Hot and Sour Soup, Hunan Beef, and General Tsos chicken (which they offer non-fried on request!!!). In the Burke area this has become our favorite take-out for chinese/asian food.

• Visited October 2013

“Great take out sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

They have a very small dinning are but we used the delivery and take out options. The delivery took about 45 min. Both nights the food was great. They gave a great selection. I recommend the Yummy Yummy. The also have regular Chinese. We were not impressed with their egg drop soup.

Burke, Virginia
“Dissappointed in customer service...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

I must first admit that much of this review is based on my own human error when ordering online.
I used the online ordering menu for the Burke, Duk Wo, and somehow hit Chicken Chow Mein instead of General Tsao's Chicken, or there is a glich in the system. Anyway, when my order arrived and it had Chow Mein and not what I had meant to order, I called the restaurant about the mistake. Without even a glimpse of can we fix this for you...I simply got an "I am sorry that you are not happy, but that is what you ordered." Mind you, I have been at the same restaurant for 21 years now and we pride ourselves on customer happiness at the end of the meal. I gave the driver a 30% tip and thanked him for coming out in the rain. I probably would have not even bothered writing this if it were'nt for the lack of any concern on the restaurants part that I was unhappy. The Lo Mein was great and the egg rolls are awesome....don't know about the Chow Mein....I hate Chow Mein and threw it away. Oh well, there are luckily plenty of Chinese delivery places near me. Hate that it came to this. We have ordered from this Duk Wo for many years. Maybe I like the old management better. They were very customer oriented.

• Visited January 2013
“Delicious!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

The best sushi I have ever had in my life! The most fluffiest rice and fresh tasting seafood! I will always go there for my sushi

DC
“Quality has improved since our last order”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

We ordered:
General Tso's with chicken, excellent
fried rice, good
won ton soup, my husband loves this soup, I don't really care much for it
double cooked pork, (first time I tried it, on a recommendation from the person I spoke with when I called in. I was not disappointed!! YUM Loaded with veggies and thin sliced pork and so tasty. slightly sweet and spicy)
pineapple rangoon, as far as I can tell this is not listed on their menu, but wow is it yummy! fried traingles stuffed with a cream cheese and pineapple mix then drizzled with chocolate. I completely enjoyed my meal this time. You have to try this!
In the past, I have experienced burned food, the cook burned my kids lo mein noodles!
They perhaps have a new chef because the food quality has gone back up.
I was very excited to see this. I was about to write off Duk Wo, but gave them another chance when my husband wanted General Tso's. There have been times in the past it had a lot of fat in it and not so much chicken, but this time it was great.
I will admit that there were several times in the past that I was not thrilled about Duk Wo, but I'm glad I did not give up and decided to order the double cooked pork.
Maybe next I will order the Singapore Noodles. The Duk Wo Chicken is really good, but I wanted more veggies with my meal. The double cooked pork gave me that.
Crispy beef is another dish I tried and liked.
If you aren't sure what something is, try calling them. I hope this helps you. Thanks for reading.
We have never been inside the actual restaurant so we can't say if it is good or bad.

• Visited December 2011