“Like the serevice, like the food and like the bar area” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hopsfrog Grille
Ranked #19 of 58 Restaurants in Burke
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Like the serevice, like the food and like the bar area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Nice local place and the staff are first rate. Try hte cheese burger with Hosfrog fries. Sunday brunch is a good value.

• Visited August 2012

Burke, Virginia
“Surprising upgrade from former location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

When Hopsfrog Grille was in a stand alone building (now a bank) I found the food mediocre at best and the service spotty. In its new, smaller location, the service is attentive and friendly. The menu is varied and the food always good. The homemade potato chips are among the best I've ever had, and the bbq ribs are surprisingly tasty and tender for a place without a bbq specialty. The paninis are full and good sized. One day we ordered one variety and got a different (incorrect) one, but it was so good, we didn't point out the mistake. I find this place a great place for lunch and fine for dinner. Look for coupons in the local Connection newspaper.

• Visited July 2012
Fairfax Station, Virginia
“Nice family restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

In their new location, the atmosphere is a little more intimate, but it's still a good place to bring kids. The owner has greek roots and you can see it in some of the dishes offered -- but by and large, it's American faire. Prices, service, food all good and I recommend it!

• Visited January 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
“Excellent Restaurant and Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

We went to Hopsfrog for dinner for the first time since they relocated and are smoke free. We were greeted by a friendly hostess. I ordered the baby back ribs (I'm very fussy with my ribs...to me the perfect ribs are Silverados, Arties, and Mikes (GAR). It came with black beans, fries, and coleslaw. When my plate arrived, I was disappointed at the way the ribs looked and thought I should have ordered something else. I tried the black beans first, they were excellent with a little spice. The cole slaw was okay, not excellent. The fries were crispy and tasteful. Time for the ribs. I like my ribs under the broiler or fire to carmelize the bbq sauce and these ribs just had the bbq sauce brushed on. I pulled off a rib and to my surprise it was very good. The bbq sauce was spicey and sweet, just the way I like it. The meat was just firm enough to fall off with a slight tug. The reasonable price was $12.95 for half a rack; $18.95 for a full rack.

My husband got the fish and chips, salad, potato slices and cole slaw. He gave me his salad. It was very fresh, crisp and colorful. I got blue cheese dressing and I liked it. He liked the fish and chips, but for $15.95 we thought they were overpriced and he said he would have liked more fish. I personally think restaurants should offer a hungry man's plate for a few extra dollars. He said his cole slaw as "okay".

I thought the bread was excellent. Chewy and crusty on the outside, warm and tender on the inside with a very good flavor.

The hostess and waiter came by our table a few times to fill drinks and ask if everything was okay.

We will go back. I want to try their burgers.

They also have a brunch on Sunday from 10 - 3. We will probably try that. It is NOT a buffet.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank skfFairfax
Burke, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, very friendly staff and clientele”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

The first time I went to this restaurant, I had the fish and chips...excellent! Since then I have had steaks, their tavern burger, and on Sunday morning, their breakfast. Always good food, served with a smile. I sat in the bar section, which has been non-smoking since VA passed the no smoking law. Great conversation while watching sports on television. Last Sunday, the Women's World Cup was on and the patrons had decorated the place red, white, and blue. Our women lost, but it was great comradery. I highly recommend Hopsfrog Grille!

• Visited July 2011