New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“DO NOT STAY HERE! It is *filthy*, the rooms smell, they don't clean, service is horrible.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Buena Vista Budget Inn

Buena Vista Budget Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Buena Vista
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

This I BY far the WORST place I have EVER stayed! House keeping doesn't clean the rooms, the just come in, change the sheets, give you toilet paper and vacuum, poorly I might add. They only come by ONCE A WEEK MIND YOU!!! And they COMPLAIN if you ask them to come wipe down your counters or say I think Housekeeping forgot to clean my SHOWER!!! The guest laundry room is FILTHY and smells like urine, NOT the smell you want when you're trying to CLEAN your clothes!!! I had to pay another guest to drive me to a Laundromat. More than half the furniture in the room is BROKEN, the hot and cold water faucets are BACKWARDS! There are dust bunnies on the ceiling that fly off when you turn the nasty air conditioner on. I caught the manager calling me bossy to another employee after I asked 3 simple questions: Around what time does housekeeping come? How do I get the messages off the phone in the room, because there s no phone guides in the room, and may have an extra towel?? ...that made me bossy!?!??! With two people staying in a room, you need to have to trash taken out, clean towels, and toiletries MORE than one a week!!!! I take out my own trash, washed my own urine stained smelly shower curtain, went and bought pillows and toilet paper and tissues. and This room is now CLEANER than it was even after housekeeping came. Oh and it was also quite unsettling was having an exterminator put a key in my door and try to get in while I was here alone. Good thing I dead bolted the door!!! Not only was that UNACCEPTABLE to ave someone being ale to wlk RIGHT INOMY ROOM, it was an exterminator... GROSS! DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, I you HAVE to stay in this area, go a little further to Lexington, PLEASE I BEG YOU!

Room Tip: Here's a tip o find a good room, go o another hotel and do not stay here.There ARE no good rooms...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank HB F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Madison, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I was on a motorcycle trip from Florida riding the Blue Ridge Pkwy. in early September 2013. It was getting late in the afternoon so I checked my GPS and found two motels in Buena vista, Virginia, as I rode into town the first motel was this one, there was one car in front of one room, the guy at the desk told me there were no vacancies, I was about to leave when the only couple in the entire motel came in the office and said the room stinks and was dirty, the guy at the front desk told me to wait, he may have a vacancy, I told him no way and left. This place looked terrible. The second motel was worse. Unless your there visiting family or friends, avoid this town at all costs.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank John P

Travelers are raving about these Buena Vista hotels

Hagerstown, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I know this was a cheap room (if you call $50 cheap), but even the cheapest rooms should be clean. This room was absolutely filthy and full of bugs.I would have been better off sleeping in my car. I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel all together
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TravlinTechDC
Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

An old motel but very clean and the shower was better than comfort inn and holiday inn we have stayed before. Manny, the owner, ex IBM employee, is very friendly.
Located in a dormant. City which means a quite Night. Not much more to say.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank avibo
New York City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

This was our last resort for a hotel, we were tired and have 4 cranky kids, so we accepted a $70 room. The hotel looks creepy and ran down, but the owner/front desk person was extremely nice. The room was a typical old motel room, NOTHING to mention that would make me come back. They advertised free breakfast (which is huge with 4 kids) and when we woke up, the lobby had a box of some cheap processed cookies and a can of instant coffee laid out - a joke! There was noone at the desk when we checked out. Would never recommend this.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Karolina516
Buena Vista, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

This motel doesn't appear to be much on the outside, but my room was impressively clean and large as well. It very obviously does come from another era, but I found this charming rather than a bad thing. Overall, great value for money and a friendly owner too!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Seth W
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I was charged $50 for a $30 room. The floor was dirty and there were bugs. The basics worked fine: AC, shower, TV. But it's a run down place and I wish I had stayed at the Buena Vista Motel, which is just down the street and looked so much nicer, for the same price (I found out the next day when I changed motels...) And they only serve breakfast on the weekends, so I didn't even get coffee in the morning.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#10 of 16 in Lexington
4.0 of 5 stars 46 reviews

Been to Buena Vista Budget Inn? Share your experiences!