“Problems!”

and 1 more site!
Buena Vista Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Buena Vista
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This place doesn't look too bad from the outside, so when I needed a place to stay in that area I made a phone reservation (no e-mail) about a month in advance. Then I called two more times to confirm. I clearly requested and was told I would have a non-smoking room, but none were available when I checked in. I did enter the room and it reeked -- plus it was NOT clean-looking to me. The man in the office did refund my payment. Still, just because of the way it looks I would not stay there in any room in the future.

Just two exits up the Interstate in Raphine, VA, we got a room, with a view, in a beautiful new Comfort Inn for only $5 more than we were going to pay in Buena Vista! There were several other nice-looking chain hotels in that area.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank radavis777

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We were looking for something very close to the Blue Ridge Parkway and this fit in with that plan. This is a very basic motel. We didn't expect much and didn't get much. They do offer discounts to local restaurant but we had already eaten. The man who checked us in was polite and the other guests were quiet.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sue K
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Loud party right outside our room and night manager did nothing said they were senior citizens. We couldn't get to sleep until 2 am after driving on the parkway all day. Moldy shower and water wouldnt drain so you were standing in nasty water.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

This motel has a ton of potential but it's horribly dirty. Our mattresses had stains that either reflected vomit or feces. Huge cobwebs in the corners and the blankets were visably dirty.
We asked for nonsmoking & got a room reeking of smoke.
Because of the location I had no other choice and slept in my sleeping bag on top of the bed after stripping it down to the sheets.
Avoid if possible!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is a great place to stay if you're traveling the Blue Ridge Parkway. The motel is clean and comfortable but the walls between the rooms are a little thin. I would certainly stay again if the need arose.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jonathan A
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend get a way and a motorcycle challenge. The motel isn't much to look at from the outside, but it's privately owned, and its very retro but it's well maintained, and super clean!
Two nice beds (not marriott) but firm and nice. Little refrig, microwave, tv, and cable! Free internet. Its a super great value for the price. Best thing the rooms still has all original signage and fixtures, plus they have real keys, not computer cards, an actual key that opens the door! It's awesome!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Laurie M
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We can't understand the negative feedback. Maybe we were lucky with which room we got. It was clean and everything worked and the receptionist was friendly. OK we don't have a lot of experience of Stateside motels, but this was the best of the half a dozen we used on our trip, definitely better than the two chains we used. The small town of Buena Vista, which has several restaurants, is a few miles off the interstate so it's nice and peaceful. We'd stay again if in the area. We ate at Don Tequila Mexican restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pantopragmatist

Been to Buena Vista Motel? Share your experiences!