“Not clean.”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Lexington, Virginia
“Not clean.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Being a local to the area, I have eaten at Canton on several occasions. And although the food is actually pretty good and the people who run it are extremely nice, the place is DIRTY. Not once, but on two separate occasions I have found a roach in my lo mein. After the first incidence I quickly stopped eating and threw away the remaining food. I kid you not when I say it was several years before I gave them another shot, only to find ANOTHER roach in the same dish again! Needless to say, no matter how good I thought the food to be or how great the lady that owns it is, I will not eat here again. Fool me once, shame on you, foll me twice.....

• Visited October 2011

Raphine, Virginia
“Excellent, authentic Cantonese food in a small town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2011

My wife and I come from the Detroit area where excellent Chinese restaurants are plentiful. However, it has been difficult finding a Chinese restaurant in the Shenandoah Valley that meets that level of quality. Canton exceeds that level. While the atmosphere is not the most elegant, and they would do well to keep the television off, all of their food is excellent. Their egg rolls are crisp, hot and sour soup is very well prepared, and their shrimp, beef, and chicken dishes are all authentic and delicious. I suggest their combination plates which are very reasonably priced, even during dinner time.

• Visited September 2011