“Will Return”

Original Italian Pizza
Ranked #7 of 17 Restaurants in Buena Vista
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I travel to Buena Vista frequently to visit kids and grandkids and have found a nice place with a decent price to eat when I am there. The atmosphere is a bit rustic inside but the food more than makes up for that and the place is clean. I will continue to eat there on my visits to see family

Reviewed September 2, 2013

As soon as we entered, we quickly noticed the dated decor. Looks like the place is stuck in the 50's. We were seated at a booth where the AC duct overhead was dripping on our table. The waitress was friendly, however her appearance was less than desirable. When our food arrived it was served on a variation of plates that could have been picked up at a yard sale or thrift store. My husband ordered a chef salad, which when it came consisted of a plate of lettuce, a couple of slivers of carrots and cucumber. The "homemade" balsamic vinaigrette was a bottle of olive oil and a bottle of vinegar. Our daughter ordered a cheeseburger, that reminded me of the Wendy's commercial "where's the beef". The bun was huge, she ended up picking the meat off of it. At an Italian place I thought I was safe ordering lasagna. Not so much...it was a large plate of something that resembled lasagna, but it was swimming in a lake of tomato sauce that tasted like it came right out of the jar. The lasagna itself was noodles and beef topped with a ton of shredded cheese. I've never had lasagna anywhere that didn't have ricotta...until this place. Can't say that we'll ever visit again. Would not recommend.

1  Thank Sing4Hm
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have traveled to Buena Vista two or three times a year for about ten years now and we look forward to eating at this restaurant. The service and food has been good every time. It is a clean, reasonably price place.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

We live in the area and have eaten at Original's numerous times, and it is always fantastic! Everything is homemade and the owners are super friendly. I love the Spaghetti with the homemade garlic bread yummy! They have the most wonderful bread!

Reviewed July 19, 2012

We returned to the "Original Italian Restaurant" last week and found that the food remains very solid. I ordered the cannelloni, which was stuffed with well seasoned meat, perfectly cooked pasta shells, and just enough cheese. Only concern was that the plate was swimming with tomato sauce - much more than necessary - which did affect the presentation. The homemade bread is very good, and the side salad with Italian dressing is fine, though it could use a few more ingredients, like green olives, croutons, etc. My wife had a steak sub which was quite good. I only wish they served it with Italian dressing, or homemade marinara sauce instead of mayo. The service was good and friendly. So, if you are looking for very good, inexpensive Italian food in a casual environment, this is a fine choice.

2  Thank kcfield