“Bliss Center”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Buckingham
Satchidananda Ashram - Yogaville
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Buckingham
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Experience the Bliss in the nature. Perfect place to rejuvenation!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank FoodLoverInd

Reviewed January 3, 2012

I just spent my new years at Yogaville's silent retreat. I have never visited an Ashram before although I have traveled extensively around the word. This was an amazing experience! First, the Ashram itself is sparkling clean. I stayed in a woman's dorm and it was cleaner than my oen home! Second the food was beyond amazing vegetarian buffet style. It was so healthy and nutritious and so incredible. Third the staff was so giving and caring and hospitable!

The hatha yoga and meditation experience was also wonderful for me, including the spiritual talks, however I was prepared for this and have experience both in yoga and meditation. The classes are purely Hatha style. This is a serious ashram with devotees that are very committed to the spiriutal path. This is a place for soul searching, not to be pampered in a resort or hotel style.

Overall I would HIGHLY recommend this resort to yogis and meditators who are interested in spiritual, and physical rejuvenation. Do not listen to the negative pages on the web that are just downright false. This center is fantastic and I am definately going back!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
21  Thank Lorna S
Reviewed September 18, 2011

If you looking to move slower and be surrounded by nature, all the whilst exploring your inner self, this is the place for you. Aside from natural beauty of being near the blue ridge and James river this ashram itself does not have much to offer in terms of luxury. The room are bare and so are the dining rooms,yoga and meditation rooms. It is truly a place you spend time looking inside yourself not outside. The meals are communal, with seating on floor and tables if some desire. Meditation and yoga rooms are just basement rooms with carpeting. However you leave this place feeling blissful.

We did hike to the lotus temple that is .8 miles from the ashram. That is quite picturesque. guests are invited to meditation sessions there as well. Our schedule didn't allow it but it could be a fun experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Anamika
Reviewed June 5, 2011

While this isn't a hotel nor resort, you may find exactly what you're looking for like I did on my 'guest stay' here at this Ashram. The facilities are nice and if you're looking for good Hatha Yoga and health eats, the yoga & meals are amazing. While there could've been more selection of classes, the classes are nice. And the vegetarian food is organic, healthy & prepared with love--yum! Namaste.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
11  Thank alpinelace
Reviewed July 27, 2010

I'm putting a review here even though this is not a "hotel". If you like yoga and you wish to explore the true meaning of yoga (in an Ashram setting), I would recommend Yogaville. I've been to several ashram and I'm just a regular working person, so I was worried that I wouldn't fit in. But honestly, there are people from all walks that go here and it's a wonderful place to find a part of yourself you've never met or maybe haven't seen in a long time. The Yoga teachers are all great and the swami's are not so out of touch, so you can really talk to them and relate. It's very peaceful here and I plan to go back again soon. Please do NOT be weary of that silly website that makes "cult" accusations. People are often afraid of what they truly seek and when I read that website that 'warns' of this place, having been there, I found it ridiculous.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
16  Thank seatheworldBoston
Reviewed August 5, 2008

Yogaville,
is wonderful!!
If you love yoga, it is for you.
You can do as little or as much as you want.
Daily yoga classes and meditation is
included, as well as your meals-wonderful
vegitarian meals-all fresh and organic!

It is a great yoga retreat. Try it out, you
will like it, all legitimate, all yoga.

• Stayed: June 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10  Thank Novae

Been to Satchidananda Ashram - Yogaville? Share your experiences!