“Good value and pleasant services”
Review of Mountain View Restaurant - CLOSED

Mountain View Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating
Description: "Great food with a view!"
Montreal, Canada
“Good value and pleasant services”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Comfortable and friendly. Good food. We met fellow travellers there. Not licensed (not a big deal). Closed Tuesdays so we had to skip breakfast when we stayed at the nearby Wattstull Inn Monday night.

Visited May 2013

Rocky Mount, North Carolina
“Surprisingly Good!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was in Buchanan and I invited some folks to meet me here for breakfast. All three of us were pleasantly suprised by how good breakfast was. There was fresh fruit on each plate and we all had something different and it all looked and tasted delicious!
I've seen questionable reviews here, but I was impressed with the gentleman running the place now. I stayed up the hill at the Wattstull Inn and thought I'd better stop by the night before and check it out. OK, while I was in there I thought that I should try a piece of the peanut butter pie. It was fantastic and the ladies at the adjacent table were bragging on their meal, so I knew we were OK for the breakfast meeting the next morning. Any time I am staying here, I will feel good knowing I can get a good meal at the Mountain View!

• Visited April 2013
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Marginal”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

While the place seemed clean and homey with nice service, the food was pretty marginal. The recommended meatloaf was mushy with no distinctive flavors. My wife's porkchop was modestly sized and just OK. The salad was a nice mix of lettuce and green pepper and tomato. My key lime pie dessert was terrible. More like a jello pie with soggy graham crust. My wife had the chocolate pound cake which was dry and nearly inedible. The background music was in a time warp. I don't think I've heard "Tammy's in Love" in 50 years. I can wait another 50.

• Visited May 2013
Boone, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice place”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was a great find as we were leaving the area. We stop in around lunchtime on Sunday after church. Great crowd came in and the food was real good down-home country cooking and good prices.

Visited May 2012
Reston, Virginia
“Pleasant little restaurant”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food was basic but good. Only about 10 items on the breakfast menu. The service was good, not overly attentive but there when you needed it.

Visited April 2013