“Great wings and beer”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Abingdon, Virginia
“Great wings and beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

First thing you have to realize about Wing Doctor is that what you see outside pretty much reflects what is inside. This is a hole in the wall wings and beer place. Its really not a family dining establishment, however I would have no qualms about taking my family here for dinner.

The inside has a bar that is usually occupied by regulars whome for the most part are friendly enough. There are 3 rows of tables fairly close together to dine at. Its not a big place. The decor consists of a big screen TV and medical paraphernalia including x-rays of chickens. Be warned that if you go later in the evening, there may be a band or some other loud happenings if that is a concern for you. It turns into a bit more of a bar later in the evening.

Now for the important part, the food. Everything I have had here has been good to very good. The wings themselves are of a decent size. They come rolled in a variety of sauces that you choose from the menu. I highly recommend the honey hot. If you are sharing wins with someone, get a 25 wing sampler and try a few sauces. I enjoy the wings immensely and its nice to have a good alternative to the big chain wing shacks (which really aren't very good). Aside from the wings I have only had a few side items and all were good pub food.

The service is usually very good depending on how busy they are. Sometimes they are busy and shorthanded and things take a while, but I have never felt like I was being ignored.

All in all, if you are in Bristol and you like wings and maybe want to share a pitcher of beer, this is the only place I would go.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank ecpux

Bristol, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No more!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

My husband & I have been loyal customers since the 1st week they opened. The past few times we ordered wings they have not been done. Decided to give them one more try, big mistake! We ordered 50 wings and were given two 2 oz containers of ranch. We were told that we would have to pay .50 for each additional container. We love their ranch, but this pissed us off! Needless to say, we used the Hidden Valley we had @ home. Half the wings were not done (AGAIN), but the other half were overcooked & extremely tough. We will not be back. We will go to Kingsport and eat @ Buffalo Wild Wings. This used to be a great place to get wings & a beer, but no more!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Teresa M
Bristol, Tennessee
“Cute atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

Several types of wings to choose from and all are good. Prices are a bit high, but the quality and level of aervice are good.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank KonnarockKid
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Damn good from Albuquerque New Mexico.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

Everything about this place was great. The people were very friendly and helpful. They went out of there way for the New Mexican's. Thank you for the good food and smiling faces.

1 Thank felicia37
San Francisco, California
“Why?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

Why would you eat here?

I'll never understand.

Sub-par, bitty bites of greasy chicken. Really?

No thank you.