“Great place for Hibachi Japanese”

Kobe Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #54 of 91 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Arlington, VA
“Great place for Hibachi Japanese”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have been going to Kobe for over 10 years and it has stayed the same good food. When I lived in the Bristol area I would go there with my future wife, and when we visit family now we still go there to grab a bit to eat. The server/staff and food are constantly above par and I would recommend any of my friends to have a meal there.

• Visited May 2012

Pound, VA
“Very good food”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The food was delicious. My daughter and I both ordered chicken. The food is prepared by a very friendly chef right in front of the table, which you share with other customers. After dinner, you are given a small bowl of sherbet for dessert. Everything was delicious.

The restaurant was in need of some repairs and updates-especially the bathroom. But, the wonderful food made up for any other deficiencies.

Visited February 2013
Sulphur Springs, Tennessee, United States
“Not worth the wait”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I've eaten here several times and have found it underwhelming every time. My most recent, and final visit, was the worst thus far. Upon entering the restaurant, we were "greeted" by having a clipboard shoved at us and being told to sign in. We were given no estimate as to how long our wait might be. After waiting for nearly 40 minutes to be seated, we had to wait an additional 30 minutes to be served because the dining room was very understaffed for a holiday weekend. The entire restaurant is in dire need of renovation as its walls and ceilings are stained. The food is decent, but it is not worth the effort.

• Visited December 2012
Abingdon, Virginia
“Good Sunday lunch”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Fillet and shrip for sunday lunch was more than I could eat at a very reasonable price. They are allways real nice. The cook could have had more personality but locally you rarely find the real entertainers. I paid the extra for the zuchinni and onions for lunch but carrotts are good also.

Visited November 2012
“Oh So VERY Good.”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We were there on an off week night but the service was exceptional just the same. They managed seating a full group at each grill station in short order, although business was a bit sluggish. But, when things picked up, our service did not suffer.

The grill chef that we had was so very accommodating to each and every request and idiosyncrasy of everyone he was serving.

BUT, our chef did not "put on a show" like we have seen at so many other Japanese Steakhouses. Maybe he was new???

Visited June 2011