“Way overpriced and not fresh!”
Review of Blackbird Bakery

Blackbird Bakery
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Bristol
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Prices are crazy high! Icing on cupcakes tasted like shortening and the cupcakes were dry. I don't think I would go back.

1  Thank Janet W

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We spent the night in Bristol and followed the interstate signs to the Blackbird Bakery for breakfast. It was a little hard to find as we are not familiar with downtown Bristol. But the area is quite interesting to look at. Blackbird Bakery is in a charming, old, two-story building with antique decorations. It does lack seating and parking for popularity of the place.
We each purchased a different fresh doughnut and were all very happy with our selections. There wasn't quite as much variety as I thought a bakery would have. But I was pleased to see that they offered some gluten free options and served organic/fair trade beverages.
The prices were very fair for a small business. If you've been on the road and you're tired of greasy "fast food" breakfasts, Blackbird Bakery is a pleasant local experience.

1  Thank NJRA711
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Excited to hear they had ice cream! The scoop that we got was like half the size of a kids scoop! Rip off! Then we ordered doughnuts and were told to go to the registrar to pay and the woman walked away to make coffee while she left us standing then she proceeded to wait in other customers and cash them out! Awful!

1  Thank MelaniaHard
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Or I'm going to have to buy bigger pants.

They have great cakes in a variety of sizes, along with dozens of pastries, cookies, doughnuts, bagels, etc. Both their almond cake and their strawberry cake are among the best cakes you will ever eat. If you have to choose, go with the almond cake. I know that almond doesn't sound too terribly appetizing for a cake, but it is simply terrific. They also have cupcakes in the same flavors, but the cupcakes seem to dry out pretty quickly and aren't as good as the cakes.

1  Thank HiddenGem18
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I don't make it to Bristol much, but was here today and craving something sweet! To my surprise the bakery had 3 gluten free choices!! I opted for the creme brulee and chocolate truffle. The creme brulee was absolutley delicious! Perfect carmelized crunch atop a smooth creamy center!! Definetely worth a stop in today. The chocolate truffle was smooth, but man did i mention the creme brulee!?!?!? This is a must stop for a gluten free sweet treat!!

2  Thank BBJAdams