“Excellent meal & service”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #12 of 93 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Opening day is today, May 7th.
Description: Opening day is today, May 7th.
Reviewed April 24, 2014

My wife and I had soup & salad at this Olive Garden today. The service was quick and excellent. The food, as always at Olive Garden was excellent. Our last experience at Olive Garden was in Kingsport, TN, and the service was deplorable. This restaurant renewed my faith in Olive Garden

Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Olive garden on the whole used to be a great restaurant. NOT ANYMORE! This location is fairly new ( 2-4 years ). It was a welcomed new addition to the chain as the closest location to where we live had been in Johnson City...about an hour away and we had stopped going there because it had gone severely down hill. When the Bristol, VA location first opened it was great! The food was tastier and it was actually served hot. The service was impeccable. The bread sticks were always hot and fresh. Now, aside from 3 or 4 servers that are outstanding and should probably find another restaurant to show case their talents, the service is horrible, the food is inconsistant, bland, and on most occasions does not come out the way you order it. We have actually started traveling all the way to the Hickory or Wilkesboro, NC locations which are over 2 hours away because the Bristol, VA location has become just as unbearable as the Johnson City location. Obviously if you are looking for authentic Italian cuisine this corporate chain restaurant isn't the way to go but the food used to be delicious...USED TO BE. On this last visit, and I do mean last visit, to this location, our server ( who was one of the only 3 or 4 outstanding servers that I mentioned above )informed us that several of our favorite items were being removed from the menu to be replaced with new "healthier" items! Ok...understanding that healthy eating is important...I will make the decision concerning what I should be eating. When I'm at home I can eat healthy. When I go out to a restaurant I don't appreciate some corporate boob telling me what I can and can't consume. Not to mention the fact that this change isn't about a healthier menu. The government gives restaurants financial "incentives" if they offer only healthy choices. While the manager was making his required rounds to pretend that he was genuinely interested in each tables dining experience, he stopped at our table to ask how everything was. When I expressed my disappointment over the new menu to Scott, he curtly interrupted before I had even verbalized my entire thought, "Darlin', that's above my pay grade". Not only was I shocked by the fact that a manager would respond this way to a customer concern but last time I checked my name wasn't Darlin'. Obviously this man's job title exceeds his capabilities. My advice...If you insist on continuing your patronage, go to a different location.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

The several meals from this "Italian" corporate restaurant presents poor red sauce pasta that is devoid of flavour and character. And the meals are very expensive for what is served. Very ordinary wine is expensive, very expensive! The pasta tonight was macaroni with small 'medallions' of chicken and anointed with a bland slightly pink-beige "sauce" and three spinach leaves with small bits of tomato and one sliced mushroom. The alleged Parmesan "cheese" was so bland that it could have been Kraft "cheese". The salad was crisp and constituted the high point of an almost vile meal.
The Olive Garden has about as much in common with Italian cuisine as the Moon with green cheese! That diners in Bristol rate this excellent is a testament to the crap they accept and the scam corporate America perpetrates on the public.
Service was attentive, prompt and good, and the server had a good sense of humor.
The atmosphere is somewhat redeemed by the absence of TVs and loud music.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

very clean stop, very slow service, food overall at OG is becoming overpriced for the family. We will go back, but not as often, more competition should make for more value for the family

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Tonight me, my wife and two kids went here and have enjoyed it in the past. But things change, our waitress was very good, but a waitress from another table ruined the visit. When we were to be seated there was a large party with three tables together in the dinning room, we wanted a booth and the booth was directly behind this party. As we were to be seated patti the other waitress was standing in the way because the large party was seated so close. Ghe hostess asked if we could get by and she snarled no so we had to walk all the way around. Upon making it around we went to get into the booth and Patti sort of shoved the hostess and me and my son couldn't be seated until she was done, and she was giving a death stare the whole time. Keep in mind there was plenty of room on the other side of te partys table. We were to get our drinks and our waitress was handing them to us and patti came by and told her to move and almost knocked her over, this was because she had the cheese grader to grade some cheese on the table behind us, but who cares about us or our waitress, hateful woman. Next she came past so many times hitting my elbow numerous times without an apology one as I was eating, she could have walked around but was too rude to do that. Lastly most of the section had left and she goes to the table behind us and proceeds to run the little roller vacuum right on my wifes feet, this is a personally annoyance of mine. She then gets on the booth behind my wife a daughter and starts wiping it down and shaking the crap out of the booth which is connected to my wifes seat jarring them. Then she was continuing to run the roller vaccum and another waitress was moving the tables back from the large party and Patti shoves a chair into the other waitress stomach and when she said ouch she just glares at her. Patti is whiteish hair and a bit older, good luck If you get her, I say ask for another waitress terrible lady and ruined a great place and good meal.