“If Anyone Knows Hotels..I Do!!!”
Review of Courtyard Bristol

Courtyard Bristol
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Bristol
“If Anyone Knows Hotels..I Do!!!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

There are probably few people who know hotels well enough to differentiate the hotel itself versus their travel experience. As a full time professional business traveler I believe I can do just that.
The Courtyard Marriott in Bristol scores as a five-star hotel experience. Oh yes I've stayed at the opulent Waldorf, the Resort or destination city grandeur palaces from NY to SF, and throughout the world. Let's compare at the level of hotel that you actually should or need to review. Each property has unique and distinctive tones. This Marriott property shines. Obvious to me is great management. The employees are pleasant and attentive. When the first person you speak to might be a desk person named April with a smile that takes the weary from a weary traveler, you know immediately that all will be good. When you return to this property months apart and they care enough to remember your name, what you like for meals, and other preferences not noted on the computer manifest, you again realize that they actually care about your stay. The hotel is a full service Marriott. It is extremely clean and conveniently located off Rt. 81 at exit 7. Although the food is very good and serving Starbucks is a plus, the area is surrounded by a wide variety of dinning choices a short walk away.
Whether you are staying in the Tri-Cities area or just passing through you will not be disappointed with making this hotel your choice. Heck Aprils smile is even good for the soul.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Richard D
TeamCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Bristol, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us Richard D! I am extremely happy to hear that you feel welcomed while staying with us, and appreciate the attention to detail from such a seasoned business traveler. I am excited to share your comments with April and the team and look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Mechanicville, New York
Reviewed July 22, 2014

After driving for 12 hours from Upstate NY, I stopped here for the night. The Receptionist at the front fest was so accommodating. I was very tired and hungry and asked where I could get a Caesar Salad and a glass of wine and she gave me the menu for the restaurant in the hotel. Once in the room I called and it arrived within 15 minutes.

I loved the Memory foam mattress and six pillows on the bed! It was a wonderful nights stay!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank MicheleM219
Thank you for your review MicheleM219! I'm happy to hear that you received a Courtyard Bristol welcome after such a long drive, and hope that the rest of your trip was a uneventful one. We look forward to serving you the next time you travel through the Tri Cities area!

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I was in Bristol for work and stayed here. Great location, It has lots of good restaurants and shopping very close by. Hotel was nice, my room had a great view of the mountains . Reasonably priced breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review Gale W! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope that it was a productive work visit. The next time you visit us, mention that you enjoyed the mountains and we will prepare another great view for you!

Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

We usually do not stay at Courtyards because they do not have free breakfast. However we stayed here one night and were really impressed with the hotel. The room was very spacious and clean. The bathroom was open and had plenty of room. Our stay was a quick overnight one but would be comfortable staying for a longer time in the future.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank lulu0202
Thank you for your review of Courtyard Bristol lulu0202! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your overnight stay with us, and we look forward to serving you the next time you are in the Tri Cities area.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I just want to start this out by saying that as a business traveler, I have stayed at my share of hotels and this was by far the best experience I have had. Guest services was excellent, and Kaitlyn not only took the time to introduce the go board to me but she also printed out directions to near by restaurants that she recommended. Guest services made sure my experience was far beyond Marriott expectation. The room was excellent and very clean. This is definitely my number one hotel of choice when I am in the area. I give this hotel 5 stars!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank busybee141
TeamCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Bristol, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for your review busybee141! I am so happy to hear that Katelyn, and the Guest Services team, made sure that your stay with us went beyond your expectations. I will be excited to share your comments with the team and look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.

Ellicott City, Maryland
Reviewed July 15, 2014

This was a very good Courtyard, clean and well managed, and just what we wanted for a one-night stop. It is a bit hard to find coming off I-81 from the south. Yes, you really need to turn left immediately after going under the highway, even if the road looks like an alley. The lobby is fresh and bright, the rooms spacious and comfortable. There are several restaurants within walking distance, although the neighborhood is nothing special, near a movie theater and shopping center. I'm not sure what other reviewers experienced, but for us this what a very good experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the parking lot rather than facing I-81. Hotel was quiet, but given the heavy...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank EC13091
EC19031, I am happy to hear that your stay with us was just what you wanted for your one-night stop, and that you found your room clean and comfortable! Your feedback is appreciated and we look forward to serving you the next time your travels bring you through the Tri Cities area.

Orange, Virginia
Reviewed July 14, 2014

This is my fifth time here. Always look forward to staying. Room was great, super view out the window. Very easy to get to the hotel from I-81. A whole bunch of restaurants at this exit, some you can walk to from the hotel. Same complaint with ALL renovated Courtyards; they got rid of the nice breakfast for the Bistro and there's no free coffee in the lobby. What's up with that? If I wanted Starbucks' coffee, I'd go to Starbucks. Their coffee was just fine. Still don't care at all for the "new improved" breakfasts but again that's true of ALL Courtyards.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank 414Bookworm
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us 414Bookworm! I am delighted to hear that you look forward to your visits to Courtyard Bristol, as we are always excited to see our return guests. We look forward to your next visit and our next opportunity to serve you.

Assistant General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Hilton Garden Inn Bristol
Quality Inn and Suites Bristol
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 13 in Bristol

Been to Courtyard Bristol? Share your experiences!