“Almost perfect”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Bristol
New hampshire
“Almost perfect”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel a couple years ago and then recently for two nights. the staff is exceptional and the rooms are clean and comfortable. My one drawback that prevented a better rating was that I had to do laundry. the washer and dryer are horrible. My clothes are soaking wet coming out of the washer and the dryer takes forever to dry them. If anyone at the hotel reads this then IT IS TIME TO REPLACE THE WASHER AND DRYER.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
TeamCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Bristol, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank you for your review of our property and we truly appreciate your choosing Courtyard Bristol while in the Tri-Cities area. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to problems with the laundry facility. Our maintenance department is currently inspecting the washer and dryer to ensure that any prolems found may be repaired. Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention and we look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed March 11, 2013

No free breakfast. Bed was not very comfortable. The air conditioner did not work and the room got too hot at night. Plus we paid $129 for the room and expected a better value. Location was good. Near theater and lots of restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review of our property. We were sorry to read that your stay with us was less than exceptional. Our maintenance department is currenlty inspecting air conditioning units in each room to ensure that they are functioning properly. Customer service and a flawless hotel experience is our top priority and we value the feedback provided to us from our guests. Again, thank you for taking the time to leave this review and we do hope to have you visit our property again.
Tennessee
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Clean, nice sized rooms. The bed was a bit hard - for my liking. The only true negative thing I can say about the room is that the heat and and air unit made clicking noises several times a minute the entire time it was on.

The staff was friendly and pleasant - greeting me most every time I walked in and out.

Plenty of near-by restaurants. Easy access to hotel but getting out of the main drive is not easy.

Will return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
TeamCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Bristol, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
We truly appreciate your choosing Courtyard, Bristol while in the tri-cities area and were delighted to read your review regarding your visit with us. We apologize for any excessive noise you experienced, as any sound coming from the heating/air units should be minimal. We have shared this review with our Maintenance Department and they are currently inspecting all rooms to ensure that any problems are corrected in a timely manner. We would love to have you stay with us in the future if you return to the tri-cities area and as always, thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott.
Smyrna, Tennessee
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Nice hotel I stay at on business over the last 10 years. Stayed there this week and woke up early went to loby for their coffe and was told to buy a cup from the bar for $2.00. No longer morning coffer for Reward members or anyone else. Guess Hampton INN will be my new hotel for the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank robert r
TeamCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Bristol, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. The Courtyards that have 24 hour Starbucks service will no longer provide a complimentary coffee station in the lobby. We will however continue to provide complimentary coffee in the guest rooms and additional coffee will be provided upon request.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My son and I were traveling south and stayed at a property about 10 miles north of this one and while it was fine, I really wanted to find something else for the trip back. I saw this property and immediately started researching while I was in the car! We ended up staying here for the exact same price as at the other property but oh what a difference!!! The rooms were bigger, roomier, and CLEANER. The bathroom was updated and the shower was the best shower I had during our trip! Everything at this property was spotless and modern and wonderful! We will definitely stay here again. Also, the area is surrounded with tons of different restaurants and there is a movie theatre right across the street. The ONLY reason I did not give this hotel an "excellent" was that they do not offer a complimentary breakfast and going to IHOP down the street added almost 45 minutes to our departure time. Other than that there are NO negatives. STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite of the building than the interstate.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DorothyatHeart
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've always had a good stay at this hotel. When Heading from the Mid-Atlantic to the Deep South along I-81, this hotel situated in the perfect geographical location.

There are several restaurants placed within walking distance of this hotel. On a warm day/night you can walk to: Outback Steakhouse, Logans, O'Charleys, Red Lobster, and Pizza Hut. There are several other places within 1 to 2 minutes drive (depending on the red light). There is also a Cracker Barrel up on the hill over looking the interstate exit for the hotel.

I didn't spend much time gloating on this hotel, but I guess I should. Though, it's not the Waldorf, it is as good as a Courtyard or as good as the best Hampton Inn could be. It looks to be brand new, always clean, and with special rates I have stayed under 100 a night. I have over 300 K Hilton points, and there is a Hampton close, but over the past 4 1/2 years, I've always used this hotel as my halfway point while heading to the deep south, and I wouldn't think about changing.

There is an indoor pool, but I can't recall is there is a sauna or steam room. Even though I can't remember whether or not they have a sauna or steam room, I still rated the spa as "very good", because it wouldn't let me leave the space blank. No kid activities that I could remember.

Room Tip: Look or ask for different discounts. They have offered me good rates such as Fed, AARP, and State T...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Greenwell Springs, Louisiana
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Yes, it's an interstate hotel , but this Courtyard is not only nice , but I'm sure it's decor, layout and location is mainly for the Bristol Speedway. This is the place to stay. Big open bar area with lots of seating and Big TVs. If you don't get it and don't want to pay $100 for a night then stay next door at the average Quality Suites. Yuck!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Getgogonr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Hilton Garden Inn Bristol
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 13 in Bristol
The Martha Washington Inn and Spa

Been to Courtyard Bristol? Share your experiences!