“Great Location For Business and Occasional Traveler”
Review of Courtyard Bristol

Courtyard Bristol
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I stayed at the Bristol Courtyard by Marriott for 4 days and 3 nights in December. It is clean, comfortable and decorated in the typical "Go Green" theme adopted by the Courtyard properties. Staff was courteous and accommodating. Check-in was prompt and uneventful. The hotel is in a great location that affords guests entertainment, dining and shopping within walking distance and with great prices! A Red Lobster is right next door, as a matter of fact, you can enter their parking lot and drive over into the Courtyard. Across the street you will find a movie theater, and other eateries such as Pizza Hut, Outback Steakhouse, discount bookstore and several other shops. On the corner, still in walking distance, is a gas station, IHOP a Mexican Restaurant (sorry don't remember the name) and a lot of other shops and dining opportunities. A Super Walmart, Bo jangles and several other shopping opportunities are also within a block of the hotel. Excellent location especially if you've been driving all day and don't want to drive and search for food.the hotel also serves food and drinks and there is a 'market' for snacks if you so incline. Exercise room is as in most Courtyards was clean and operational -served my purpose.

Most important to me was their was NO noise issue even-though the hotel is right off the interstate. I'm a very light sleeper, so I hate hotels close to the interstate and it sounds like you're in the middle of the highway. (lol)

There was one issue at the hotel where someone accidentally (I guess) charged room service to my bill. As it had begun to snow a little and I was focused on getting the car back and getting to the airport, I didn't see check my bill before leaving. I found the extra charge that Sunday while doing expense report. I immediately called the hotel and expected to be told to call back on Monday. to my surprise, the receptionist took all my info and said she would look into it. Before the end of that morning, I received an email apologizing for the error and issuing a credit to my card. Shucks, I was ready for an argument and didn't even have to go there! LOL That was refreshing!! Yes, I would stay here again. And I recommend the place wholeheartedly.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Sarah W

Reviewed December 1, 2011

We stayed here for two nights over Thanksgiving and it was a nice property. The pool area was nice, we actually got in for a bit. The only downside was the bed. The mattress was very thin, very soft and sort of lumpy. Otehrwise a good place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank candirn
Reviewed November 19, 2011

This hotel is wonderful! It was clean and comfortable. I love that it's located right off the interstate and a shopping center . Our room was facing the interstate but once i put my head on the pillow i was out so i didn't hear any traffic.We had dinner at Logans plus it's a Red lobster right next door. The staff was great and helpful. We plan to stop here on our way back to Birmingham after our vacation!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank phyllispsu
Reviewed November 16, 2011

This is a modern, revamped, Courtyard, great service, neat, clean rooms. I was in Bristol on business, due to a recent knee replacment, my host had requested a double with roll or walk in shower. When we arrived, we were given a king, sauna, and roll in shower. Not a all suitable when travelling with a male companion. The front desk gave us a double across the hall, and allowed us to use the king handicapped at no extra charge. However, the beds! I don't know what is wrong with Marriott and their cheap beds. The double was two sponge mattresses on a box spring.....not only did the mattress slip and slide over the bed frame all night, but the beds were so low, I had to have help getting up from bed.....embarassing when you have to awaken your companion in the other bed to help you get to the restroom. For anyone with knee or hip replacement surgery or weak knees or hips, this is not the place to spend the night. For anyone who wants a comfortable night's sleep, this is not the place to stay. For such a pristine facility, with such abundant accessories, I don't know why a great bed is such an inconvenience or added expense. I don't know what is wrong with Marriott and their bed selections......Fairfield Inn's typically have the same problem. A great place, but a poor and inconvenient night's sleep. Also, very difficult to reach off I-81. Easy to see, but requires some quick manipulation to get to the feeder road to the hotel.

Room Tip: Check out the beds before you check in!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank bigivy1
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We stayed twice within a ten day period. The first time was fine, as the room faced the front of the hotel. On the second occasion, the room fronted on the highway and was noisy.

The rooms are pleasant and clean; however, the breakfast, as indicated by other contributors, is not nice. This is a counter-type breakfast that is overpriced and just adequate. Aren't breakfasts usually included in this type of hotel? If not, the price is a deterrant to staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Stayed here using points and this was a great point value. Room was very nice, roomy and the bed comfortable.

There is no complimentary breakfast, a surprise to me since at mid-price hotels I am used to this being a give. The internet was complimentary, though slow.

SHORT wald to Pizza Hut, O'Brien's, Ruby Tuesday and Red Lobster. Really convenient.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank elgringito
Reviewed November 9, 2011

We stopped at the Marriott Courtyard in Bristol, VA, on our way to visit friends in TN. What a lovely place! Whoever designed the lobby, bistro & cafe as well as the rooms did a fabulous job. It was very comfortable, the staff was friendly and we would definitely recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Hilton Garden Inn Bristol
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 13 in Bristol
Quality Inn and Suites Bristol

Been to Courtyard Bristol? Share your experiences!