“Amazing rest stop on our long drive home”
Review of Courtyard Bristol

Courtyard Bristol
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed July 11, 2011

This hotel was BEAUTIFUL! I love staying in hotels, but only if they are nice. As soon as we left this hotel to finish our trip home, I immediately started writing my review so I wouldn't forget anything. This hotel deserves a great review.

Beautiful interior! Decor could not be improved upon if they tried-very nice and very clean!
Lobby had several huge sitting areas where you can meet with friends or sit and eat.
Beds very firm (we didn't like this so much but only because we have a memory foam bed at home). Very comfortable bedding linens.
Free coffee and tea in lobby.
Yes we could hear highway noise but it was a dull sound. Occasionally (infrequently) there would be an abnormally loud car that would stand out, but generally we took little notice of the highway.
Very comfortable living area with couch and huge desk area with a great, comfortable desk chair. Great for business travelers.
Pool was small but sufficient. If I had to guess it was probably 12ft by 20ft.
Blackout curtains made the room very dark and we were able to sleep in easily.
Bathroom was large and very nice. It was filled with granite, from the sink area to the shower. The shower had a small ledge bench and it made me wish I had one in my home.

If we were in the area, we would most certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jbeangreef
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Bristol

Reviewed July 3, 2011

Nicely appointed, super clean, lovely lobby, nice rooms, modern ammenities. Nice bedding, loved the pillows, good counter space in bathroom.

All in all, my family of two adults and two teenage girls was impressed. If we're in Bristol again, we'll staynin this Courtyard.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We paid $134.99. Nice clean room but not very big (2 Queen). Nice beds and pillows. Nice hotel in general. Pool is tiny!! No breakfast. I've gotten way more bang for my buck at other hotels, but I haven't tried any place else in Bristol. Whirlpool was out of order.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2011

This location didn't look so well from the outside, but inside was very clean. I loved the courtyard it is very relaxing ( even with the traffic outside of it)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 12, 2011

Our room was nice; two queen beds and sitting area and very nice bathroom. This hotel is also located near many restaurants. The downside is the noise! Our room was located near the interstate and you cannot block out the noise. Also, hotel was undergoing renovation so no restaurant onsite. Service was spotty too. Had to constantly ask housekeeping for items they forgot to leave in our room. We will try it one more time to see if it has improved.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2010

I spent one night at this hotel since it was the halfway point on my way to a new assignment in the army. Shari at the front desk was helpful as can be with directions when I called. Shortly after checking in, I found that my TV didn't work so she sent up Ron from maintenance who bent over backwards trying to replace a loose wire. Ron gave himself about 5 minutes before he called downstairs and told Shari "let's put him in a new room so he's able to watch TV now instead of having to wait for me to get this fixed." Then he insisted on carrying my suitcase to the new room! As a soldier I wasn't about to let a civilian carry my bag, but the bottom line is that these two tripped all over themselves trying to make sure I was happy with my stay. I was only staying for one night and yet they couldn't have put any more effort into customer satisfaction if this had been the Waldorf Astoria. I don't know when or if I'll ever see Bristol VA again, but if I do, I know where I'm staying.

One caveat: someone vandalized my Jeep in the parking lot, which is surprising because it didn't seem like a bad neighborhood, so take that how you want to. But in my mind, as upsetting at it was, it doesn't take away from the commitment to service that this hotel portrays.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 12, 2010

We stayed one night (in 2010) on our way from VA to TX.

Lobby was warm & inviting with warm cookies available. Staff was incredible!!! They saw my husbands law enforcement badge & discountes the room without even mentioning it to us. We asked for a quiet room & they put us on the top floor at the end of the hall with nobody around us...HEAVENLY!!! Beds were firm & pillows were great. The shower was AMAZING!!!

Everything was very nice & clean.

Pool & workout room were both small but well kept. 2 treadmills, 1 stationary bike, limited free weights but no elliptical. (piped music was a little annoying so take your iPod/headphones).

Breakfast buffet was too expensive so we went to the IHOP.

Overall...this place was BEAUTIFUL & we would stay here again in a heartbeat!!!

• Stayed: December 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Hilton Garden Inn Bristol
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 13 in Bristol
Quality Inn and Suites Bristol

Been to Courtyard Bristol? Share your experiences!