“Good specialty pizzas and huge beer selection”
Review of Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #8 of 93 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers was founded in 1974 in Atlanta, Georgia.For 41 years, Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers has been serving up fresh, stone-baked pizzas to order in an eclectic, art-filled, and family-friendly environment. Our menu showcases natural flavors and the freshest of ingredients in a creative menu assortment of pizzas, hoagies, salads, calzones, appetizers and vegetarian and vegan options. Gluten free crust and a kids menu are also available. Mellow Mushroom is more than just awesome pizza and craft beer; it is a state of mind.
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I've now been twice and have had pizza both times. The crust is very good. I've had the White Pizza which was very tasty and the Mellowterranian which was also good. It isn't cheap. The service was good both times. Fabulous selection of beer on tap including a local brewery from Abingdon. The only complaint I would have is that they could turn down the volume on the music a notch. Felt like I was having to shout.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

The service was slow and the server was not friendly she never smiled and acted like our child was a huge inconvience for her, even though he was well behaved. The pizza is very pricey and papa johns is just as good. For three people with an appitezer a kids meal and a pizza it was over 50 dollars and that was not including the tip we had to leave for our unfriendly server who seemed to think she was doing us a favor by waiting on us; I think her name was Ashley. We won't be back for that price we can dine at a nice establishment. And get much better service. Maybe you should train your staff to be friendly not funky. And lower your prices you are not the best thing since sliced bread, even though you seem to think so.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I moved to Bristol over a year ago, and went here for the first time when we moved. And try to go every couple months.... LOVE this place. The pizzas are sooo yummy and the atmosphere is fun! It is not a quiet place for a business meeting or a couple's romantic date. BUT, if you are looking for good food, sports on the TVs, lots of things to look at on the walls and a fun staff... then this is the place. A little more pricey than a regular pizzaria, BUT you are talking AWESOME pizza! My fave is the BBQ pizza, and the hand made soft pretzles!! My 12 year old LOVES the cheesesteak!

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Great laid back place, service rocks! Our waiter, based on the fact he has a child about my youngest sons age, knew how to take care of a family! He catered to my sons and they loved ever minute of it. We didn't have to ask for anything...even down to bring extra plates for the boys to have their meal seperated onto. The food is and has always been awesome with each visit.

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

it took forever to get our food. the service was too slow although it was not crowded. the food was ok not great. the atmosphere was average.