Quality Inn and Suites Bristol
Comfort Inn(Bristol)
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
  • Pool
All reviewsroom was cleanolder propertynice place to staywafflesrestaurants and shoppingperkinsmarkerbordercerealrefrigerator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I wasn't sure if I was going to rate this hotel a four or five. A lot of little things kept from giving this hotel a five. When we first came into the hotel, I was extremely pleased. The lobby was lovely and even had puzzles for the kids. The lobby looked almost brand new. The clerk was very polite. Got to my room and thought I was going to be disappointed the moment I walked in the door. The carpet was so worn it had holes in it. The cover on the window seat had a hole in it and it appeared as if a child sat up there drawing with markers and either missed their paper or deliberately drew on the cushion. When I first turned on the air conditioner, it was not cooling the room. The caulking around the tub was worn. The breakfast in the morning was disappointing. These little things knocked this hotel from a five to a four.

However, I would have given the hotel a five because, the room was spacious. My three kids and I were not tripping over one another. The pressure in the shower was wonderful. I was not standing ankle deep in water even after all my kids took showers and I did too. I've had that problem even at more expensive hotels. The room was CLEAN. Cleaner than a more expensive hotel in the area. The beds were comfortable. Once the air conditioner had time to work, it worked wonderfully. I actually had to turn it down some. The layout of the room was so cute with little drawers under the window seat. It won't work for a long term stay, but for our overnight it was adorable. The hotel was very, very quiet. I never heard anyone else in the hotel all night. We didn't use the pool, but I did walk over and take a look. It looked clean and they even offered a hot tub.

I've stayed at other hotels in the area over the last three years. Bristol is the halfway point on our summer trek half way across the country. I have stayed at another hotel several times that was much more expensive than the Microtel and I also stayed at ones that were $10 to $20 cheaper. This was by far the best one! If we make the trip again next summer, this will be the hotel where we stay.

I do have a tip - but not about the room. Make sure to find out how to get back onto US81. Since I have stayed in this area several times over the last few years, I knew some of the roads but I still wasn't sure how to get back to 81. The road coming into the hotel is a one way street and getting out is not clearly marked. You basically have to go around the block to get out. Make a left out of the hotel, follow the road when it curves around. Make a left at the traffic light and a left at the next traffic light.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank timgina323
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Arrived late at night - hotel relatively easy to find - close to interstate. Pleasant desk clerk upon arrival. Got in room and it was very hot and musty smelling. Turned A/C on and the wall unit barely blew air out of it. Desk clerk didn't offer much help when reported issue. He said it has been hot there and the rooms got hot when the A/C wasn't on. He said it would cool down eventually. We needed to go to sleep quickly so eventually wasn't what we needed. Unpleasant employee checked A/C unit out and made comments about it to clerk but never spoke to me. Tried to find another hotel in the city with no luck so spent the night and the room did cool down within a few hours. Room was very clean. Smoke-free hotel. Beds were a bit on the hard side. Hotel was very quiet despite being full. No noise from other rooms. Breakfast was very minimal but enough to get us going in the morning. Good for a quick overnight stay on a cool night!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Needed a place to spend the night on the way to Nashville. Read reviews on TripAdvisor and took a chance. Good choice. Room was clean and comfortable. Staff very good. Breakfast was disappointing. No protein. I'd stay again

Room Tip: Mention TripAdvisor
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank chienee
Reviewed May 15, 2011

The tall sign for Microtel (and several others) was recently blown away by tornados. The night before we stayed a Tstorm had knocked out electricity in the area. We were lucky and had a good night there (the storm that night never got bad). Very comfortable for an overnight after a long journey, lots of places to eat nearby and the town center is also not far. B/f was very basic. The PC in the lobby was very helpful since we have stopped traveling with our laptop to avoid all the hassles.

Room Tip: Rooms in back overlook a garden shop.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank andrew p
Reviewed September 8, 2010

I booked this hotel based on the reviews on this site. The price was great but not having stayed in a Microtel before I was a little worried. I was very surpised when we arrived!!! The staff was nice and the hotel was very clean and like new. The room was perfect and the area was very nice and close to everything we needed. My wife and I were in the area to ride the Creeper bike trail in Damascus. The hotel was on 23 miles form the bike shop. Thanks Microtel for the perfect trip!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple