“Hidden Gem”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Best Steak House
Reviewed January 25, 2014

My husband and I get a date night away.from our kids every other Friday night. This week we choose to try Athens Steak House. I saw their sign by chance one night in Bristol and looked them up thinking it was a new place. I was surprised to see how long they have been there. The food was very good, and the service was superb too. The restaurant owner is in her 80s and sat us and checked on us throughout dinner, the chef came out to see if we had been there before and how we liked our food cooked. Our waitress was wonderful. Little touches like a fireplace, real linens, and lit lanterns made our night. It is going on our favorites list. I hate that we've missed it all these years.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Athens Steakhouse has been our go to place in Bristol. It is the very best restaurant in the area. The food is amazing and the atmosphere takes me back to better times. The owners are always there to make you feel welcome and really appreciate your business. I honestly would pick this restaurant over any in our area for a great steak and more. If you've never been, you must give it a try. One time and you'll see exactly what I mean.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

From the moment you arrive at The Athens Steak House you feel like you are in your Grandmothers Kitchen. Betty is a gem. she is in her 80's and still greets and waits on her customers in a restaurant that she and her husband started in 1955. We always have dinner here on our trip to Philadelphia. It is a great stop over for us. Her greek salad dressing is wonderful. Her son is right there with her making sure that everything you need is taken care of. It can't get any friendlier

Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate there last night and so glad we did. The homemade Greek food was wonderful. The steak he got was very tasty and the chicken I had was delicious. Both were well seasoned and tender. The homemade baklava was wonderful. Betty and her son were warm and friendly ensuring we were taken care of. We plan to return if in the Bristol again.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I had read great things about this establishment on TripAdvisor and was pleased to find time in my schedule to stop and have an early dinner on my way out of Bristol. I was greeted with a smile by Betty, who promptly took my drink order and started brewing me a fresh glass of sweet tea. She was very pleasant and brought me a cup of an amazing broth and lemon soup. The Grecian salad was good, the beef and vegetable kabobs were better and Betty's homemade baklava was out of this world! Amazing to see someone in this day and age who takes such pride in their food. The meal was not the over salted and seasoned cuisine one gets from a chain restaurant. I truly felt like I was eating a home cooked meal. Betty and her friendly conversation made the experience a true delight. I am already looking forward to my next visit. You have a true gem here Bristol. Make sure to visit often!

1  Thank Honerism