“Great place to stay”
Review of Motel 6 Bristol

Motel 6 Bristol
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

My family and i travel to bristol regularly to visit family and always choose this hotel. The staff is very attentive and helpful. The rooms are clean and roomy. Its centrally located across the street from walmart, restaurants and other shopping. All in all a great little spot to stay.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed May 12, 2014

My husband is from Bristol Tennessee and we have stayed on the Tenn. side in some horrible hotels. This time a friend told us that everything decent was out on exit 7 VA side(shopping and eateries) so we arrived on 5/8/2014 and seen this one. I was leery at first because it was Motel 6 but after entering the room I was shocked. This motel has been totally renovated and was clean and very quiet. The price was cheap and we stayed 3 nights. The only draw back is that they don't have breakfast but they do have free coffee in the morning but there are so many restaurants around there that you wont mind. When we come down again I'm sure we will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Andrea162700
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I stayed here one night on my way to TN. The front desk staff couldn't have been nicer! The room was clean and quiet. The bed and pillows were comfortable and I slept great! The location was right off of I81 but far enough that you don't get any of the traffic noise. There are numerous restaurants close by and was able to drive through a nearby Starbucks for my breakfast and morning coffee! Only thing that I would have liked is a hair dryer and ironing board and iron in the room. Overall it was a great stay and plan to stay there again on my way back to TN in May. Can't beat the price for a great place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We stayed here last September and were extremely grateful to be given an upgrade. Our room was very clean and it was convenient for the Festival as the Courtesy Bus stops at the hotel. A big bonus was that several of the musicians were also staying there and we made unexpected contact with some of them who we now hope to see in the UK.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I have been staying at this Motel 6 for many years and have always found it clean, modern and inexpensive. The desk staff has always been friendly and very helpful. It is conveniently located near I81 but is quiet, in a safe area, the parking lot is well lit and there are many restaurant options nearby.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Melissa D
Reviewed February 27, 2014

This was the one of the cheapest options available to me for a late-February trip, and I was blown away at the value I you get. Clean, simple room - it served its purpose. Only complaint is that the check-in area stinks of old cigarette smoke. Once you get past that, though, you'll be fine. Will definitely stay here again the next time I need to be in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I was traveling alone, and chose this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews. I have stayed at another hotel in the area, but that hotel has raised it rates too much, and I wanted to pay a reasonable price for a one-night stay.

I did not have a reservation, but the front desk clerk was friendly and helpful. The room was newly remodeled, with laminate floors and modern furniture. There was a small refrigerator and microwave in the room, but I don't think these are available in all rooms. The room had a large desk area. The bathroom was a good size with plenty of towels. Everything was spotless. The bed was comfortable, but the pillows could have been better (too soft).

This was my first time staying at a Motel 6, and I was surprised that there was not a coffee maker in the room, nor was there an iron, ironing board, or blow dryer. There was soap, but no shampoo, conditioner, or lotion. The lack of these items did not bother me, since I use my own personal items when I travel, and did not require an iron for a one-night stay. I asked the clerk about the lack of these items when I checked out, and he said that hair dryers and irons are available at the front desk for guests to use, but Motel 6 does not place these items in each room.

Overall, I had a pleasant experience at this hotel. I travel through Bristol four to six times per year, and will stay at this hotel the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo