“Great quality considering what you pay...”
Review of Motel 6 Bristol

Motel 6 Bristol
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Bristol
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Great quality considering what you pay...”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

This was the one of the cheapest options available to me for a late-February trip, and I was blown away at the value I you get. Clean, simple room - it served its purpose. Only complaint is that the check-in area stinks of old cigarette smoke. Once you get past that, though, you'll be fine. Will definitely stay here again the next time I need to be in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I was traveling alone, and chose this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews. I have stayed at another hotel in the area, but that hotel has raised it rates too much, and I wanted to pay a reasonable price for a one-night stay.

I did not have a reservation, but the front desk clerk was friendly and helpful. The room was newly remodeled, with laminate floors and modern furniture. There was a small refrigerator and microwave in the room, but I don't think these are available in all rooms. The room had a large desk area. The bathroom was a good size with plenty of towels. Everything was spotless. The bed was comfortable, but the pillows could have been better (too soft).

This was my first time staying at a Motel 6, and I was surprised that there was not a coffee maker in the room, nor was there an iron, ironing board, or blow dryer. There was soap, but no shampoo, conditioner, or lotion. The lack of these items did not bother me, since I use my own personal items when I travel, and did not require an iron for a one-night stay. I asked the clerk about the lack of these items when I checked out, and he said that hair dryers and irons are available at the front desk for guests to use, but Motel 6 does not place these items in each room.

Overall, I had a pleasant experience at this hotel. I travel through Bristol four to six times per year, and will stay at this hotel the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank SEMOTraveler074
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Entire check in area and "non smoking" hallway stank heavily of cigarettes. The guy at the front desk couldn't be bothered from his personal phone call to make eye contact with me, smile or be friendly at all. Clean, remodeled rooms but for $60 I would expect better.

• Stayed December 2013
North Canton, Ohio
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was a bargain. They allow you to choose between smoking and non-smoking rooms. My room was HUGE! I had a non-smoking room with two beds. Compared to every hotel I've stayed at this room was by far the biggest! The room consisted of a microwave, fridge, flat screen tv and newer wood laminate floors which are nice. The bathroom has a fancy bowl sink and a unique corner shower/tub. I also loved the central ac/heat. I had problems with getting some tv stations not working at all. Other than that it was a great stay. I would stay here again if I were in the area!

• Stayed October 2013
Ellijay, GA
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely loved this hotel! We were traveling with our small dog and usually stay at a La Quinta because they are pet friendly. Decided to give this a try on a recommendation from Mom. Exceeded expectations! First, I am a smoker and smoking rooms usually smell of stale smoke. This room was clean and the air fresh and free of smell. The floors are not carpet, but a laminate wood product making it far more sanitary as a pet friendly hotel. The furnishings are of clean lines with a modern feel. Central heat/ac unit makes for a comfortable, quiet room. The bathroom is nicely appointed and clean with fresh linens. The fridge and microwave are a nice convenience. Free wifi and a good selection of cable channels round things off. The only downside is the lack of king size beds and in room coffee pot but these are small sacrifices for a nice room at a great rate. Kudos to motel 6! You've definitely won me over!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pluto2010
New Jersey
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed only one night. We read reviews here and also check the hotel page. After calling and speaking to a very nice young lady, I was won over. We were surprised to find the hotel overall was clean and odor free. The room was fine for 60.00 King. The one and only complaint was the bedcover. It was disgusting and it did turn is off. However, the sheets were clean and fresh. I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

• Stayed September 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed 2 nights during the Bristol Rhythm and Roots Festival. A special thanks to Wendy at the front desk for being so helpful in dealing with a package I was expecting. Thank you to Trina for the phone call Monday night to follow up. The entire staff is very personable. Housekeeping takes a lot of pride in their work. The room met all our basic needs for cleanliness, comfortable beds, storage, seating, ample shower pressure, a/c, seating, flat screen TV, cold mini fridge and a good night's rest for a great value. The parking lot is well lit at night and there are restaurants nearby, some within walking distance. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Road noise is not an issue. We requested a room away from the elevators and it was available.