“Just okay”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Bristol
San Antonio, Texas
“Just okay”
Reviewed September 21, 2011

The room looked newly renovated and clean. In the bathroom, there was a hair on the outside of the sink, on the wall above the toilet paper roll and on the toilet paper. The rest of the bathroom looked clean.

When we were ready to go to sleep, we discovered that there were cigarette burns and stains on the bedsheet. The next morning when I started the shower, I noticed several pieces of hair on the inside of the tub. Then I realized that every towel except for one had at least one stain on it.

I'm not sure what to think. The employees are friendly and the rooms are nice and big. I was even willing to overlook the hair in the bathroom, but I just don't understand why there were stains on so many of the towels and the sheets and they thought that would be okay. We are nearing the end of a one-month road trip and this is the first place where I've seen hair in the bathroom or stains. I might give this place another chance if I am ever in the area, but I'm just not sure. I would recommend it to a friend because the price is great and it's definitely not a dump, but I would also mention that it might not be the cleanest place either.

• Stayed September 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
joe
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Stayed here one night on the way through. The hotel was renovated recently. Rooms are clean and jave flat screens. Wifi works and theres CAT5 for every room if you carry a cable as you should.

Room was not cleaned as well as it should have been. A few pieces of hair were around in the bathroom. For the price its good as it gets for motel6 but cleaning staff should have made extra effort in bathroom.

Overall its worth the stay if you can overlook a couple of minor things as it is new. The cleanlyness option should have a selection between poor and average as it was neither. It was OK.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 13, 2011

The hotel staff was very helpful. The room was clean and affordable. This is a smoking hotel but there is a non-smoking floor. We were on the non-smoking floor and were not bothered by the smoke other than going through the lobby. There is not a breakfast but there is free wi-fi. There was a small refrig and microwave in our room, too. The beds were comfortable. The towels and washcloths are thin. The carpets have been removed and they have laminate flooring -- different but fine. The bathroom sink is modernized with the bowl on top of the countertop. the room has flat screen TVs, too. We were not bothered by noise at all. The exit has a number of eating places and a real nice movie theater near the restaurants. A Wal-Mart is right across the road from the hotel. There is an engine repair type business behind the hotel but the front rooms face the parking lot. There are trees to the front and one end. It is not a huge hotel and the rooms open to the hallway. Extra latch locks on the doors for safety. I was pleased with our stay for 2 nights -- we felt it was worth the savings from other hotel prices. We were not in the room a great amount of time anyway. As the title says, it was better than I first expected. Tried it because of good reviews on Trip Advisor.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front face the parking lot. Rooms to the rear face an engine repair type of business. T...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Stayed here for three nights. Room was clean and had a fridge and microwave in it. Bedding was basic but clean and relatively comfortable. Not your luxury resort, but good clean basic accommodation at a good price. I would stay here again.

Cypress, Texas
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Very good value for the money. Clean and had everything we needed including free internet access (WiFi).

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Virginia
Reviewed September 1, 2011

While traveling, we needed a place to stop over for the night, halfway to our destination. We were impressed with the size of the room. It fit our two pack-n-plays with room to spare! The beds were comfortable and everything was clean. The wireless internet was great. When making the reservation, I was impressed with the friendliness, and helpfulness of the employees. I've never stayed at Motel 6 before but I was pleasantly surprised with our stay here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Villa Rica, GA
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I have never stayed at a motel 6 before and this particular one really impressed me. Talk about a modern hotel? My gosh the whole room was recently upgraded. From the flatscreen T.V. to the sink in the bathroom and the tub, I felt for a moment I was staying somewhere else...the price was super affordable $58 with taxes...can't beat that with a stick! The staff was extremely helpful and nice. If ever around that area again, you betcha I am coming back!!

• Stayed August 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Quality Inn and Suites Bristol
#6 of 13 in Bristol
Hilton Garden Inn Bristol
Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bristol

Been to Motel 6 Bristol? Share your experiences!