“The name says it all....EATz”
Review of Eatz

Eatz
Ranked #3 of 91 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Jamaican
Description: Established on December 10, 2007 located in the historic downtown area of Bristol, VA/TN we continue to serve the best homemade food just like Grandma used to make.
“The name says it all....EATz”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

AMAZING....simply amazing food. Simple yet very fullfilling menu choices. Fresh, aromatic, soul-warming food! Almost feel like you just left your Grannies after a family dinner with all the fixins.

• Visited September 2013
4 Thank happymedic723

Tampa, Florida
“Home Cooked Meal”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

While taking some of the Antique stores in Bristol we looked on tripadvisor for a lunch spot and found out we were very close to a top rated spot. We ordered the fried chicken and catfish. Both were just like a home cooked meal and everything was farm fresh. My corn on the cob tasted like it was fresh from the field. This is a nice stop and we will be back again.

• Visited August 2013
Atlanta
“excellent local restaurant”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Our party of three ordered fried chicken and meatloaf (both very good), collards (also good if collards are your thing). They happened to have fresh corn on the cob the day we visited and that was also excellent. We visited during off hours and alsio enjoyed talking to the owners. Sweet tea was good, but a little pricey. Overall, we would return if in the area again.

• Visited July 2013
“Great local restaurant with exceptional food and service.”
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

The food and service were outstanding. I took my wife and two daughters and my mother and mother-in-law. We all ordered something different which accounted for almost everything on the menu. The have a select group of entrees that they do very well. The ribs were incredible. The favorite entree at the table was the catfish. I did not share my ribs or I believe they would have won the vote. The service was exceptional. This family run restaurant far exceeded our expectations and we will be back for sure.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Jnyquest1
Oak Ridge, New Jersey
“A lucky find.”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Driving to the Downtown State Street area to find a place for dinner, I was surprised by preparations for Border Bash, which blocked State Street and did away with a lot of parking. Driving down side streets and alleys, I noticed Eatz just as I found a parking space - an omen?
Moore Street is tiny, as is the attractive front of this place. Inside, a few widely spaced tables are found in an informal but nice dining room. The menu centers on four "House Plates", ranging from fried catfish or chicken to Jamaican jerk chicken or meatloaf, and a selection of BBQ and sides. Only one dish is priced over $10, but the owner has obviously chosen to give you a nice, small selection of dishes she does very well.
I picked the fried catfish and homemade corn bread, with collard greens, BBQ beans and sweet tea. The greens tasted fresh and the beans were excellent. The fresh, well-prepared catfish filets were served without unadorned, and they needed nothing to make them really good!
Another Bristol eatery I would gladly visit again! They make reservations for "larger parties".

• Visited June 2013