“It's fine for a one night stay”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We have stayed here several times going from N.VA to TN. It's not the best Comfort Inn but it is fine for a one night stay. The beds are not comfortable. There is no elevator. The entrance doors are not automatic, so when you are lugging your suitcases the doors and the stairs make it cumbersome.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ellyn S
comfortinn_abingdon, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Thank you for your review.

We are so glad that we are able to tell you that this year we will be going through a complete renovation! This includes the installation of both automatic exterior doors and an elevator! We are hoping that you come back soon to see all the exciting changes that we are making!

Reviewed December 18, 2013

My adult daughter, 5 week old grandson, and I, were traveling between Adelphi Md. and Ranger, Ga.an 11 hour trip by car.On the way to Ga. we stopped overnight at a Quality inn and had a pleasant stay .On our return trip we were looking for another Quality inn but decided that we were ready to stop and tried the Comfort Inn .The night clerk was not even minimally friendly or welcoming . Our room temperature was very difficult to control. On low heat we roasted but if we turned it off we were cold. The sheets did seem to be clean but the ones on my daughter's bed were stained and should have been discarded in my opinion.Internet did not require any password but when we were "connected" we still could not actually get online,We were connected but without internet access ? We did not really want to deal with the night clerk but when we looked at our guest information book we saw that it said that any issues with internet had to be handled by an 888 number so we just didn't bother. Breakfast was decent but afterwards the day desk clerk was no where to be found( by us, anyway) and a member of housekeeping had to go locate the clerk.Check out took 15 minutes by the time this was handled. Not comfortable at this Comfort inn For this we paid over 100 dollars after tax,significantly higher than at the much more pleasant Quality inn. Never again.

Room Tip: Go down the road about 2 miles-we saw a Quality Inn on our way out of town. I have not stayed there...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nursewendybird
ComfortInn_BristolVA, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Thank you for your review.

I am so sorry to see that you had an unpleasant experience at our hotel. I appriciate you informing us about it and will take measures to work on retraining our staff on genuine Southern hospitality. All feedback is helpful and again, thank you for informing us.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Stayed one night. Room on small side and our room on first floor had very dated furniture and bath fixtures (as others have noted). Mattress was also clearly at end of life. Still, room met basic cleanliness expectations and had normal amenities - shampoo, lotion, iron, and coffee maker - plus some you don't usually get at this price range - an in-room safe ($1.00 charge), refrigerator, and microwave. Room also had a large flat screen TV and had 80 (yes,80) different channels, including HBO.

Best feature was breakfast - eggs, sausage, fresh fruit, Activia yogurt, waffles, creamed beef, good quality juice, and more, in nice seating area.

Staff was friendly.

No elevator to second floor.

All in all, good value and just fine for a night or two.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MikeandYong
ComfortInn_BristolVA, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Thank you for your review!

I was so glad to see your enjoyed your stay and overall had a nice experience. We are always looking for ways to add little extra touches and our huge cable selection is one way we try to give you all the comforts of home! I was thrilled to see you enjoyed the breakfast!

Please come back next time you are in Bristol! We will be glad to have you!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I had asked for a handicapped accessible room to assist my 91 year old mother in the bathroom. We got all of our items unloaded (using cart) and got into the room. It had a very strange layout, with the bathroom located quite a distance from the sleeping area and had a heavy sliding wood door. I looked at the bath tub and noticed the tub bottom was wet and had several hairs. I went back to the front desk and asked for cleaning supplies to clean the tub. The clerk asked what room it was so he could confirm who cleaned the room, saying "one of the maids doesn't like to clean bathrooms". I couldn't believe what I was being told. Why would he tell me that, let alone why do they keep someone like that employed?

Ultimately, I was moved to another "handicapped room". It wasn't for the physically handicapped, but for the hearing impaired, so my Mother went without any extra grab rails in the tub.

This property boasted being totally renovated. Upon entering the second room, I noticed a nice paint job, but all of the furniture was the same old and worn out set up. There were cigarette holes in the bedspread, and mysterious stains on the guest chair. There were not enough empty surfaces to put anything. (Like a table under the big wall mirror.) The beds were very hard. They only provided 1 small bar of soap to share between the sink and shower area (how cheap is that!!). No coffee was available in the lobby. I was told it was left over from breakfast, and he didn't know how good is was now (4pm).

The breakfast area was clean and well stocked, the best part of the property. The lady that maintained it was very friendly and did a good job. They had waffles (need better plastic ware to cut it), yogurt, plus normal breakfast cereal, toast, etc.

They charge $1 for the room safe, which you need to ask to be removed. The desk clerk did so without comment.

This was a $76 senior rate. I think I could have done much better elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cindy B
ComfortInn_BristolVA, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you for your review.

First let me say, I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast. The breakfast attendant that you saw that day is how all of our staff should had been that you encountered!

I can not say how distressed and embarrassed I am with the items you mentioned above. I can promise you that I have discussed with all members of my staff what our expectation is and how to handle any issue that arises.

This is not the "norm" for us and I thank you for bringing it to my attention, we strive to make our guests feel at home and comfortable. I hope you will give us a chance in the future to show you .

Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for just one night while travelling through. It was nice all round. The staff were friendly and helpful, the manager even let me use his cell phone to make reservations for our next stop. The rooms and the breakfast were all very nice too.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
ComfortInn_BristolVA, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review!!

We are so glad that you were happy with the hotel! We strive to make all our guest feel valued and at home. Please come and see us again when in the area!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is a chain motel and this property was pretty much the norm for this chain.

The best I can say - and this is a compliment - is that I'm already forgetting the details of our stay. We arrived, checked in, slept, showered, and checked out without any negatives or areas of concern. Pretty typical room, clean, good bed, clean and well maintained bathroom. Not noisy and the area is safe.

For a driving trip where you just want a place to get a good night's sleep, without any hassles or inconveniences, this place fills the bill.

I would stay here again if I were coming through this town.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so if you dont like stairs, ask to stay on the first floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank crs1026
ComfortInn_BristolVA, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you for your review!

We were pleased to see that you had a good nights sleep at our hotel! Sometimes simplicity is best, and I am glad that we had everything that suited the bill for you for your stay.

If ever traveling in the area again, stop in, we would love to see you again!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here in September 2013 during the Bristol Rhythm & Roots Reunion festival; a very busy time for the hotel. The hotel was one of the "official" festival hotels and the organisers were running a shuttle bus to and from State Street. We had just missed one of the shuttles when we checked in, so were bedding in to wait for the next one... When the manager offered to drive us along to the festival personally, free of charge. Very generous; you simply cannot beat service like that.

Hotel is comfortable enough and handy for the I-81.

But one extra point for the personal touch.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
ComfortInn_BristolVA, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review!

We are so glad that you were pleased with our hotel and great staff! We do pride ourselves on accommodating our guests! We will be looking for you next year at during Rhythm and Roots, can't wait to see you then!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center
Hampton Inn Bristol
#2 of 6 in Bristol
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bristol
Hilton Garden Inn Bristol

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!