“Worst hotel stay Ever!! Stay Away!!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Bristol
Salina
“Worst hotel stay Ever!! Stay Away!!”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

The guy at the front desk was VERY RUDE, the owners were VERY RUDE. I just could not believe how awful this place was. We stayed at this hotel for two nights...everything seemed to be fine at check in, but the rooms were in desperate need of updating and remodeling...the towels were almost in shreds and there were used feminine hygiene products left in the bureau drawer, not collected by housekeeping. The floor was so dirty my feet were black after walking on it without socks and shoes. To make matters worse, housekeeping did not clean our room or bring us fresh towels. We had to go to the front desk ourselves the 2nd night at 8 pm after promising to receive service, but NEVER received it!!! Also, the breakfast leaves a lot to be desired, if all you're looking for is cold cereal and a prepackaged bagel, this is your place. Where was the hot breakfast? Also, trash was stacked up all over the counter in the breakfast area because the attendant did not empty the trash. This was the worst hotel we have stayed at and the worst service we have ever received. DO NOT STAY HERE!! If I could rate zeros across the board I would.

Room Tip: One way to get the best room, DONT BOOK ONE HERE!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Darrell S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Easton
Reviewed March 4, 2012

This hotel provided a comfortable night. The room we had was older and in my opinion dark. A lot of the fixtures also seemed older with some noticeable use. The heater/fan was unusually loud as well. Despite that the hotel was quiet and provided for a descent sleep. The breakfast however was sub-standard. There wasn't much bread, there was no bagels, and the hot portion was nothing special. The hot waffles were typical and descent, but they get old if on a longer road trip. This hotel is no-frills and as I said, it's okay for passing through.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Moonrover2004
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Older hotel, but recently remodeled. Nice room with newly painted stucco walls. Refrigerator & microwave, quiet HVAC, newly remodeled bathroom. The best water pressure and shower head of the whole trip (VB to L.A. and back), comfortable bed, old style TV but good selection of channels.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed November 15, 2011

My family and I traveled to Bristol, Virginia to visit a local college to which my daughter may attend next year. The Comfort Inn was just what we were looking for. The hotel is conveniently located just off the interstate and it is a 5 minute drive to the college.

The Breakfast Bar was great! We had waffles and plenty of items to choose from. There was yogurt and alot of healthy choices on the bar.

We found our room to be very clean, comfortable and priced to fit out budget. I would recommend this hotel to any parents or families coming to Bristol. Our room was very clean and the staff was excellent with directions and suggestions for dining out.

We will definitelly stay again on our frequent return trips to the area!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I travel to Bristol often for work and hotels here always seem to be booked solid. I always call ahead to insure my room at the Comfort Inn. The property is conveniently located off the interstate, with no road noise. The rooms are spacious, clean and all have microwave and fridge. The bathrooms have always been nicely scrubbed as well. Breakfast is well stocked including several hot items and the lobby area has a very comfortable sitting area with flat screen. All rooms have just been updated with brand new flat screens as well.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 18, 2011

After a long day of travel w/ the kids, we picked up a hotel coupon book and chose this hotel because of their ad listing "newly renovated hotel". In the fog of my tiredness, the lobby area looked decent enough*; our room was located at the dark, cavernous end of the hall; it was NOT renovated. At first, the room *looked* relatively clean; however, there was a distinct smell. Since we were so tired, we decided to go ahead and tolerate it for a night. What a mistake. I should have asked for another room or, better yet, moved on to another hotel. The carpet smell intensified as the night progressed. I woke up in the middle of the night and lay awake regretting the decision to stay there.

I reported my complaint in the morning; staff was unapologetic (though they did not seem to be surprised by yet another dissatisfied guest). They did adjust the bill only slightly. *In hindsight, I should have heeded my suspicions when I saw a "keep out" sign posted on a door behind the front desk. Another sign (to the employees) encouraged them to reuse the key card envelopes. Come on! As we were leaving the hotel the next morning, we spotted a sign that we hadn't seen the night before -- "no trespassing"! I sure wish we'd seen and heeded that warning before checking in! We pass through this area every year; we certainly won't stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask to see a RENOVATED room, and check it out before checking in!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Bristol hotels

Clinton, TN
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stayed there friday night, we checked in and left, then we had went to our daughters volleyball game at the college nearby, we came back and we were lying in the bed when my husband told me to get up, there were spiders as big as silver dollars on the wall, we killed it and got to looking there was blood on the wall where other things evidently had been killed spider webs everywhere, we took pictures, i then called downstairs, the gentlemen told us we could check out with being charged, we left and had to find another room. I get home on Sunday to find that my credit card had been charged, I am currently on the phone, with them telling me i was charged and they can't correct it, and that i had a pet with us (one we didn't have a pet and what does that have to do with anything....this is a horrible place to stay with liars and theives at the counter.......I have my receipt with the clerks name and $00.00 balance due on it!!! I will not stop until i have been credited back for the night we were charged...stay clear of this hotel!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RSHolstein
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center
Hilton Garden Inn Bristol
Hampton Inn Bristol
Hampton Inn Bristol
#2 of 6 in Bristol

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!