“Wouldnt stay again.”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Bristol
Acworth, Georgia
“Wouldnt stay again.”
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

the room was very small nothing special and not all that clean. it wasn't gross or anything, but not up to my standards. very reasonable breakfast buffet would recommend but not high end. Overall, I would say just an OK hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
Doy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for posting your review. Real time feedback is what it's all about. Average is not what we're after. We are working hard to elevate our level of performance here at the hotel. Although we didn't seem to miss the mark by too much on any one thing with your stay, we still failed to draw you in to a comfort level that impressed you. Our attitudes and approach are something we have total control over and can make whatever we want them to be. This is where we should have impressed you. We will still review your comments and use them in our coaching and service improvement process. Again, thank you for feedback. Doy Rayburn - GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Hillsville, Virginia
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We arrived to find our room had not been cleaned properly. Layer of dust on all the furniture which could have been forgiven IF it weren't for the fact of debris left behind on one of the tables by the previous guest and marks left from drink glasses on the dresser which showed the room had not been properly cleaned after that guest checked out. We told the desk clerk who said they would send someone up to check it out. When we returned to the room later to shower and get ready for bed, we discovered that although the room had been dusted, there was an empty shampoo bottle in the shower which means the shower never got cleaned either. The worst part came when we pulled the sheets down to get into bed and discovered that although the bed had been made, the sheets had NOT been changed from the previous guest! They ended up sending the maintenance man up to our room at 10:30 at night to put clean sheets on the bed. Also only one of the 3 elevators was working! We did complain and were given a $20 discount on the room. Certainly NOT enough to compensate for the lack of proper attention to detail. Rest assured we will NOT be staying in another Holiday Inn any time soon!

Room Tip: Do yourselves a favor and stay anywhere else but here.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dawn H, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all guest feedback as it helps us grow and improve! I apologize for the issues you experienced regarding our housekeeping standards. Please be assured that this will be addressed immediately and falls far from the norm for our hotel. We take great pride in our property and cleanliness is a top priority, of course. I would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding this issue, and have the opportunity to get more details too, if that is convenient for you. Please feel free to email me directly at dhogan@hulsinghotels.com. Again, I am sorry that we fell short of your expectations, and I hope that we have the chance to have you as a guest in the future to show what we are capable of.

Best Regards,

Dawn Hogan
Assistant General Manager
Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center

Travelers are raving about these Bristol hotels

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Nice clean hotel and bedrooms staff where very helpful gym was great loads of machines to get sweaty on the pool was nice and hot tub even better to help you relax even better once you get ready was the bar very comfortable with great bar staff able to help me with different drinks which I was unfamiliar with only thing which didn,t work well at all was the WiFi if I had needed to do any work I wouldn,t have a chance,but all in all a great visit

Sacramento, California
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I have stayed in several Holiday Inn and Suites lately. Among other things I appreciate their clean room and great breakfasts. My experience at the Holiday Inn Conference Center was not as good.

First I paid more for my room. When I went to check in there was one receptionist. She was attempting to do check in, answer phones, and sell goods from their 'mini store'. later I went back to the desk to ask recommendations for dinner but finally left after standing in line a long time.

There was no complimentary coffee in the lobby and no breakfast unless you wanted to buy one.

The hotel and rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. So depending on what you are looking for this hotel might or might not be for you.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Doy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Careermanzz, Thank you for the review. I am glad that you were pleased with how clean and comfortable your room and the hotel were. We work hard to keep it that way. Without knowing your travel history or what markets you frequent it's hard form me to comment on our pricing comparison. I know that we are very competitive in our market according to the 3rd party data sources. I am sorry though that we didn't find a way to reflect the value we try so hard to offer. We are a full service hotel with a restaurant and convention facility so the popular Limited Service free breakfast is not part of our business model. Many people expect it same as yourself and we understand that. We hope that we can still be of service to you in your travels in the future. Doy Rayburn - GM
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Very accommodating with my late arrival. Help with baggage was courteous and quick.
Quiet sleep ! The location being right off the Highway was valuable. With this kind of service, I'll be back !Thanks Bristol !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Arrived late and check in was very fast and professional. All staff were polite and very helpful. The room was as advertised and very clean. BED WAS COMFORTABLE...THATS THE MOST IMPORTANT....Would definitely stay again...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

I don't understand the previous negative reviews as I found my stay to be just fine. Look, it's a Holiday Inn in Bristol, Virginia and it is not a cozy, charming boutique hotel. But our bathroom was perfectly clean, appearing to be newly renovated with no signs of mold or mildew. The carpet and furniture were clean with no stains like so often seen. I found the bed and pillows quite comfortable.
The WiFi was free but it did tend to go down at times. The location is convenient and you can walk to a number of nearby restaurants. The hotel is just of of the interstate so you might want to ask for a room as far from the highway as possible to minimize the noise.
I found this hotel to be perfectly acceptable during my travel through the area.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Doy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us. I'm glad we met your expectations and hope to see you again in the future. Doy Rayburn - GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Hilton Garden Inn Bristol
Quality Inn and Suites Bristol
Hampton Inn Bristol
Hampton Inn Bristol
#2 of 6 in Bristol

Been to Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center? Share your experiences!