“Less For More”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Bristol
Sacramento, California
“Less For More”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I have stayed in several Holiday Inn and Suites lately. Among other things I appreciate their clean room and great breakfasts. My experience at the Holiday Inn Conference Center was not as good.

First I paid more for my room. When I went to check in there was one receptionist. She was attempting to do check in, answer phones, and sell goods from their 'mini store'. later I went back to the desk to ask recommendations for dinner but finally left after standing in line a long time.

There was no complimentary coffee in the lobby and no breakfast unless you wanted to buy one.

The hotel and rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. So depending on what you are looking for this hotel might or might not be for you.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Doy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Careermanzz, Thank you for the review. I am glad that you were pleased with how clean and comfortable your room and the hotel were. We work hard to keep it that way. Without knowing your travel history or what markets you frequent it's hard form me to comment on our pricing comparison. I know that we are very competitive in our market according to the 3rd party data sources. I am sorry though that we didn't find a way to reflect the value we try so hard to offer. We are a full service hotel with a restaurant and convention facility so the popular Limited Service free breakfast is not part of our business model. Many people expect it same as yourself and we understand that. We hope that we can still be of service to you in your travels in the future. Doy Rayburn - GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Very accommodating with my late arrival. Help with baggage was courteous and quick.
Quiet sleep ! The location being right off the Highway was valuable. With this kind of service, I'll be back !Thanks Bristol !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Arrived late and check in was very fast and professional. All staff were polite and very helpful. The room was as advertised and very clean. BED WAS COMFORTABLE...THATS THE MOST IMPORTANT....Would definitely stay again...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

I don't understand the previous negative reviews as I found my stay to be just fine. Look, it's a Holiday Inn in Bristol, Virginia and it is not a cozy, charming boutique hotel. But our bathroom was perfectly clean, appearing to be newly renovated with no signs of mold or mildew. The carpet and furniture were clean with no stains like so often seen. I found the bed and pillows quite comfortable.
The WiFi was free but it did tend to go down at times. The location is convenient and you can walk to a number of nearby restaurants. The hotel is just of of the interstate so you might want to ask for a room as far from the highway as possible to minimize the noise.
I found this hotel to be perfectly acceptable during my travel through the area.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Doy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us. I'm glad we met your expectations and hope to see you again in the future. Doy Rayburn - GM
WAYNESVILLE
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Decided to give HI another try after giving up on them a few years ago due to quality since price ($85) was right...but...you get what you pay for. Front desk was understaffed, and clerk seemed annoyed to have to check in guests. She had to be summoned from behind the wall, and then she yelled "Just wait a minute" Air conditioners are wall units with old style manual knobs, and it did not work. We were hot, and our friends who stayed on the same floor reported their A/C didn't work either. Only 1 of 3 elevators was operating, and it was dirty. I would have given it a single star but they did have good parking.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mark M
Doy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Mr. M., I appreciate you dropping us a line to tell us about your experience. It is distressing to think that one of our employees so clearly made you feel unwelcome and like an inconvenience. It's not what we train our employees to do nor who we encourage and empower them to be. We are currently tracking hvac to efficiently prioritize our efforts to replace and update these units. I'm sorry you got burned in the mean time. But we're working on that. We hope you will still consider us in the future when in Bristol.

Travelers are raving about these Bristol hotels

Corrales, New Mexico
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Elevator was filthy...walls and coffee cup on floor all morning. 4th floor floors not clean. Dirty elevator, lighted buttons don't all work. When asked, "How much time to the airport, told 10-15 minutes". Trip is 23 miles! We timed it from our hotel room to the terminal.....it took exactly 30 minutes at 80 MPH on I81! When told of their mistake, the manager and desk clerk decided they were right and we were wrong....I am a Marine Officer and my wife is an Admiral in the Navy.....who's wrong? I am glad we didn't take their word and test drove the trip early rather than try it tomorrow at 6 AM!

Room Tip: They charge for breakfast
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mickey6448
I apologize that our hotel did not present well to you during your stay. It is not an acceptable behavior here to allow trash to lay around all morning. Such complacency is not who we are. We will ALL be more diligent in watching for this in the future. I appreciate you bringing it to my attention so it can be addressed. I also apologize if someone at the desk gave incorrect feedback about driving to the airport. I was able to isolate who it was that was unfamiliar with the drive and have since gone over the details of driving to Tri Cities Regional Airport. Again, thank you for bringing that to our attention. We hope you will still consider us for your lodging needs in the future.
Cullman, Alabama
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Locatiib is a little difficult getting out, and the road work in the area made it worst. However overall, nice hotel. We arrived after 1:00 am, the desk clerk was very friendly. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. They do not have free breakfast. However, breakfast is about five dollars per person. They have a large menu,great service, and a nice opportunity to sit and have a quiet meal before continuing on your journey. Would recommend!

• Stayed April 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Courtyard Bristol
#2 of 6 in Bristol
Econo Lodge Bristol
Econo Lodge Bristol
#7 of 13 in Bristol

Been to Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center? Share your experiences!