“Birthday Party and Stay”

Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Had my 70th Birthday banquet with rooms for my guests. All of my guests, about 15 who stayed for 1-3 days where impressed with the cleanliness, banquet facilities, and in particularly with the managers and all of the support staff!
The folks I worked with were helpful to the Nth. Special complement to the Banquet Manager, Susan Mallich. Both primary managers worked close with me during planning. It was a dream that I have all family and a few friends, 60 total.
I live in Bristol, VA so I have used the meeting facilities and rooms. This place has really improved.

Room Tip: Our rooms were all great!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Doy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

We are so glad we were able to help facilitate a great experience for you and your family! We derive a lot of pleasure from what we do. Guest comments are passed on and review by our staff for both opportunities and encouragement. Thank you for taking time out of your life to offer these encouraging words. Sincerely, Doy Rayburn - GM

Reviewed January 22, 2014

First--this hotel is very large and inviting. Large main lobby and onsite bar and grill. It is very difficult to get in and out of, if you aren't from the area--exiting the Interstate, requires "guessing" where the entrance actually exists. You have to exit the highway, go through a light and then turn left onto a side road for a few blocks, before you get to a completely un-labeled no-sign existing left turn into the adjacent mall where at the back of the parking lot, is where you find the hotel lobby. There are literally NO signs guiding the driver. The bar is excellent, clean and even has a fireplace--a nice touch. The room rates are phenomenal and hugely worth the aggravation of having to "hunt" for the hotel entrance. There are tons of local restaurants and shops within walking distance, but the food inside the hotel is just excellent and priced marginally okay. The only down side is a fairly minimal menu with mostly high carbohydrates and fattening foods without much in the way of healthy menu items--you have to ask for example, a chicken breast without the sauces, fried stuff and what not. They are very accommodating though and made my order just as I asked and it was very good. I'd recommend this hotel as the rooms are spacious and well kempt. Larger tv and alarm clocks with in room microwave and small refrigerator. The bathrooms are really nicely laid out but the shower lacked water pressure. I would stay again and have--I purposely stayed on my way from Texas to Pennsylvania and then again on my return. Bristol is a charming up-dated modern small town, with tons to do and to experience. The people are just excellent at this hotel and as I am relocating to Pennsylvania (buying a house) I WILL make sure to stay a third time on my way back up. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael M
Doy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thank you so much for the informative review. We have heard comments about the layout of Exit 7 before. We agree it is less than ideal and to make matters worse we are missing a sign on Old Airport Rd that is down for relocation. We hope it is back up soon. We appreciate your repeat business and patience with the property location We intend to always be a place where people feel they are valued and cared for. I stand to serve any of my guests in any way I can. Sincerely, Doy Rayburn - GM

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We had just stayed in the Holiday Inn Express in Murfreesboro, TN the night before, so all the amenities were fresh in my mind. In this hotel there was no microwave or refrigerator in the room and breakfast was not included. Like I said, had we not just stayed in a Holiday Inn the night before, we would not realize what we were missing. The room however was lovely, as was the lobby of the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

I regret that we as a company, have not created clear identities for our multiple brands for our customers. Ours is a full service hotel and frequently get the guest confused between us and the Holiday Inn Express which offers free breakfast. We try our best to communicate this as a staff to new travelers who are going to be staying with us. I apologize for the failure to do this for you. I am glad that you were comfortable though in your room and the hotel. Please consider us in the future if you are passing through. Regards, Doy Rayburn - GM

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I stayed here during Rhythm and Roots and was very pleasantly surprised. Very new and modern, stylish, a great bar with a fireplace, and all of the amenities you could want. Will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2013

It's always nice to pull of the interstate and find a dependable Holiday Inn with a nice restaurant, bar with entertainment and plenty of food establishments and shopping within walking distance. I look forward to returning here on my next road trip. The area was safe, the room was clean and quite, and the desk help were courteous and most accommodating.

Room Tip: Always request a room away from the elevators and ice machine.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Doy_Rayburn_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you so much for the kind words. It helps motivate the staff to be able to share reviews such as this with them. We go over all reviews as a team and every one offers its own individual insights on strengths and weaknesses. We hope you will continue to stay with us and trust that we are serious about our guests. If I can ever be of assistance just let me know! Doy Rayburn - GM

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I just recently stayed at the Holiday Inn in Bristol, VA. Accomodations were very clean and beds were comfortable. I was really impressed with the restaurant in the hotel. I have many food allergies and the cook and staff went out of their way to make sure I had something I could eat. I ordered breakfast and it was delicious! I will be staying there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I just spent one night at this property as a stopover on a long driving trip. Because it is a conference center, it is fairly large. In a beautiful and scenic location tucked away in the mountains of Virginia/Tennesse, it is conveniently located near Interstate- 81. Breakfast cost was not included in my stay, but the breakfast delivered by room service was delious, convenient, and reasonably priced. The hotel had an upscale feel, beautiful landscaping, a fountain out front, and free parking. Pet friendly, there were plenty of grassy areas for walking my dog. There was a restaurant on sight with several others in the area, as well as shopping. I also noticed a fairly large pool area near the front. I recommend this hotel and would love to stay there again.

Room Tip: The hotel was well equipped with numerous, efficiently operating elevators. My room on the third flo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Courtyard Bristol
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bristol
Hampton Inn Bristol
Hampton Inn Bristol
#2 of 6 in Bristol

Been to Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center? Share your experiences!