“Expensive for the size of the room”

Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Bristol
New Orleans
“Expensive for the size of the room”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The room was rather small, but the bed was really comfortable and I liked that they had a selection of soft and firm pillows that were even labeled for you. I don't know that I ever figured out the air conditioner in the room. It was hot when I got there and didn't seem to cool off that much after I put the thing on high cool. I had a pet friendly room, so it overlooked air conditioning units on the flat roof below. I must say that it was extremely quiet. I seemed all alone on the third floor. Perhaps it was because of my pets. I had breakfast in the restaurant the next morning which was just ok. It was less than 5 dollars including the tip for runny eggs and limp bacon. I'd love to find a place in the area that's nice and accepts pets for less money, but pets limit one's options.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear robinnola,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding breakfast and the bed.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the room size. We will look into this point. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Troy, Ohio
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Front desk staff nice enough. One gets what one gives.
Property nicely maintained outside and indoors. Nice décor.
Flat screen TV in public areas and rooms.
First morning mentioned to front desk that whoever instructs and whoever cleans the rooms is doing a great job. Special attention was given to often overlooked areas of the bathroom such as sink drain and traps, toilet rim, shower/tub drain, etc. and bathroom vent.
Downside - only two minor issues:
bathroom vent/exhaust not functioning causing steam to quickly build up.
Room located in the middle with expressway noise BUT 'white noise' of the room's air unit made for restful sleeping.

Room Tip: Rooms toward Linden Road are farthest from the expressway.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Mechanicsville, Virginia
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We arrived T the hotel around 9:30 p.m. And we were greeted with a smile. The check in was quick and efficient. The room was nice but nothing special. The bathroom tub needed to be cleaned better. Methought the room was a little pricy for the accommodations.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Doy_Rayburn_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for the review and observations. Your review, as all are, will be reviewed for points of improvement and points of praise for our staff. We collectively plan and discuss how to correct issues, improve service and make our guests happier on an ongoing basis. Our employees and management benefit greatly when guests let them know that they were happy with their stay. We appreciate your business and the time it took to reach out to us. Kindest Regards,
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Pulled in to this hotel, as it was half way to my destination. The guy at front desk was so helpful...I told him the kids and I were there for a dip in the pool and good night's rest. He checked me in quickly...same floor as pool access and as far away from highway as possible to avoid traffic noise. The pool is actually quite beautiful and the man that was there cleaning it took his time to help my kids turn on the jets for hot tub. For our needs it was perfect....clean and safe. It did seem to get warm in the night and as we were leaving saw a crew outside the room working on the ac unit, so I assume someone had reported it.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the response regarding your stay at our hotel. We do care so much about sending our customers away satisfied and happy that they chose to stay with us. To know that you have happy customers is invaluable within the scope of building a culture of empathy and pride for employees to operate within. Again we thank you for the kind words and good review. Sincerely,
Arkansas
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed here on the way to Virginia. The staff was nice, the hotel was comfortable and clean. We had no problems at all and would recommend it to anyone. It was conveniently located close to the interstate and a variety of restaurants. The only problem we had was trying to get the curtains to stay closed, but it wasn't bad.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. We use it to try and strengthen our weaknesses and maintain our strengths. No one is perfect but we try very hard to show that we care about the quality of our guests experience. It's just as useful to know when you get it right. Thanks again and call on us anytime. Kindest Regards,
New Providence, New Jersey
Reviewed June 4, 2013

After reading the reviews, I was definitely worried. However, the hotel was perfectly fine. It seemed practically empty so maybe it gets rough when it is fully booked. Easy to find off the highway and extremely clean since it seems to have been recently renovated. Everyone working there was pleasant and laid-back. It was an easy and comfortable stay. The only downside was very slow breakfast service, the place had one poor girl working a huge, huge floor. It wouldn't have mattered except we were in a bit of a rush.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank nYeti
Doy_Rayburn_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Yes, we were renovated in 2010 - 2011. 2012 was our first year back in full operation. I am glad you enjoyed the fresh & light feel we have now. We do try to keep things friendly and casual. Over the years I have always had good responses to a genuine caring approach. Just let me know what you need and we'll fix you right up. We all make mistakes but when people are traveling and away from home the role we play is magnified greatly. People depend on us and we try our best to see them through. Thanks again for taking the time to drop us a line.
Tomkins Cove, New York
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Arrived the night of Friday, May 17th. It was pouring rain. I had called ahead because we needed a wheelchair for my disabled husband, and because we had pets. We were moving to Marietta, GA and had a packed car, including my 13 yo daughter, disabled husband and several pets. The first thing we noticed was a van parked directly in front of the ramp people use for bags or wheelchairs, etc. When we went to retrieve the wheelchair and mentioned this to the desk clerk, he shrugged and said "I don't know what you want me to do about it." He refused to try and find the owner, refused to call the local police dept. to ticket the vehicle (which remained parked there till the following morning), and mostly, did nothing to help us get my partially paralyzed husband up the curb and into the hotel. We had to wait until a man, checking in with his own family, pulled the wheelchair up over the curb. We also had a cart entirely filled with suitcases, bags and pet carriers, plus a German Sheperd dog on a leash. With the wheelchair, my young daughter and I were completely overloaded and overwhelmed, yet the desk clerk simply stared at us and offered no help, calling no one. In the room, I noticed we still had almost 30 minutes to get room service before they closed, yet room service did not pick up. When we called the desk clerk, he said we could no longer get room service, but when I mentioned the time, he said we could still get it, which we did. They kept calling our room to take the wheelchair back the next morning, even when we were using it to transport my husband to the bathroom. I called and got the banquet manager, who was a lovely woman, and she said our stay would be comped, and she was apologetic. When I got the bill, I assumed this also meant our evening meal, not the breakfast the next morning. Once I knew our stay was comped, it was after we had ordered dinner, which I assumed would be part of the comp. When we ordered breakfast the next morning, I expected up pay for that, not to try and tack something else on to get something for free. When I saw that the evening meal and pet charges remained, I called the hotel and found they had comped just the bare bones room charge. I spoke with the General Manager and found he was willing to go no further on comping the abysmal stay. I actually stayed at this hotel near Christmas in 2011 and had such a pleasant experience, with excellent service, that I wrote a wonderful review of this same hotel, on this site. What a shame that, from the desk clerk to the General Manager, this hotel has experienced such a come down. It was a horrible stay from start to finish. I will never again stay here, nor will I ever again recommend them to people visiting who have to go through Virginia. What a disgrace.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Dawn D
We do appreciate the time it takes for a guest to post a review for us. We value the insight and opinions which we use to improve our own attitudes and service. Each and ever guest has a unique outlook on things and we realize and respect these differences. We do our best to be respectively flexible with the resolution process in addressing them. We have reviewed your case to identify any and all opportunities that exist for us to learn and grow. I, as a General Manager, will accept nothing less than true Empathy and genuine Concern for the guest from our staff. I stand ready to serve on the front lines of Guest Service and try to make myself as accessible by the guest as possible. If I can ever be of service in the future do not hesitate to offer me that chance. Thank You.

Travelers are raving about these Bristol hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Courtyard Bristol
Quality Inn and Suites Bristol
Hampton Inn Bristol
Hampton Inn Bristol
#2 of 6 in Bristol

Been to Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center? Share your experiences!