“Bristol race weekend march 17 2013”

Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Bristol
London, Canada
“Bristol race weekend march 17 2013”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

the restaurant & bar staff were awesome
the desk staff not so freindly
now to the problem was cleaning the room
we get there thursday march 14 get into the suite for 415 per night it was big with full kitchen AWESOME but not so clean as i dont mind paying BUT IT BETTER BE CLEAN so friday we go out for the day get back to room table not cleaned from eating supper night before tolit not cleaned,
counters not cleaned, so i call down and complain like i should, the front desk takes my info & says
he past it on good right, so we are on our out & i go to front desk to woman to tell her about my complaint & she saids THEY DONT DO A FULL CLEANING FOR STAY OVERS i think to myself
ARE YOU KIDDING ME , so we carry on get back saturday after the race and yes the room was much cleaner BUT a dead LADYBUG STILL ON FLOOR NOT VACUUMED UP,this is ok for guys weekend but not wth wife , so all in all the big room was great but they need to improve CLEANING

Room Tip: i will stay here again but when i book in will remind them to make sure my room is clean
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Doy_Rayburn_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you Rick for giving us some valuable feedback. Guests who take some time to let us know these things help make it better on the next guy down the line. I'm very pleased that you had a good time in our Restaurant and Bar. They have been working very hard to maintain a high level of satisfaction with our guests. But I am sorry our performance in other areas fell short of reasonable expectations. I have reviewed every point, both good and bad, you called our attention to, with our staff to identify specific processes or procedures that may need attention. Race or no race, every guest every day is equally important as the last. We care and we try to show it. And I am always just a phone call away. Thanks again Rick and don't hesitate to call on me any time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
O'Fallon, Missouri
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

I just stayed at this location during the race weekend. I was there for business so joining the extremely loud party in the hotel bar wasn't in the cards. It sounded like everyone was having a good time. Not sure if it was more for the race or St. Patrick's Day but there were obviously a lot of drinks and karaoke.
The rooms are clean and laid out well. Decent selection of tv channels. The pillows, like all Holiday Inn's, are very uncomfortable.
The front desk staff and restaurant staff were all very pleasant.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Maryville, Tennessee
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We spent the night here after an event held in the conference center. Our room on the 6th floor was clean and nice. The room wasn't too small, but it wasn't large either. The bed was comfortable and you get your choice of pillows (firm or soft). We did not try the restaurant because they had stopped serving breakfast already, it was a Sunday morning around 10:30 - think they should keep it goping later. No worries there are tns of places to eat all around the hotel.
Checked in and out with no issues, staff was friendly ebough.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear RussHatcher,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, amenities and the facilities of the hotel. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We hope to have another chance of hosting you should your travels bring you back to Bristol.

Karen G.
IHGCare
Jefferson City, Tennessee
Reviewed January 12, 2013

When I booked this room it was without hesitation because it is a Holiday Inn. With a Holiday Inn you expect a clean room. That was what we got. But the room was very small and dark. and the hall way was dirty. However, the young man who helped us check in was nice and helpful. This is not a place I would want to stay more than a night and it may not be a place I stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Grammykc,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I am delighted you found our staff nice and helpful. My apologies for the disappointment you had with your room accommodation and our facilities. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Karen C
IHGCare
Grundy, Virginia
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The hotel has clean and well maintained. The location was very convenient and plenty of parking. The rooms are small for more than two people but the price was fair. I was pleasantly surprised at cost of the breakfast we ordered even though the wait was long due to understaffing. The second day, there was a buffet available and to avoid the wait that was our choice. The food had been out for a while and need to be freshened. When the lady brought the bill; I was shocked. The same breakfast that I had ordered, cost 3 times as much to eat from the crusty buffet. I realized that I had not even checked the price prior to eating but after looking, the price was not posted anywhere. When I asked the lady about the price difference, she acknowledged that it would have been much cheaper to order from the menu instead of the buffet, apologized and went on her way. Be careful what you order and check the price !

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Houston Texas
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is my second time in this hotel and really, my last. I will seek other accomadations in the area if I have to be in Bristol. The rooms are ok, clean but small and no extras - like room fridge, safe etc. The beds are fairly comfortable but I've had better. My main complaint is the lack of warmth in the employees and NO CARTS available for your luggage. OK, they have carts, but they always seem to be in use when I am there and on my first visit ( with a broken leg,) I had to schelp my luggage upstairs without help,(no one EVER comes out from behind that counter to assist anyone!) or a cart and this time I had to wait 35 minutes for a cart and they only got busy finding one when a second woman came in and requested one. We still waited another 15 minutes. As a Priority Rewards member I got my free bottle of water, and finished it while waiting for the cart. All in all not my favorite place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Bristol, Virginia
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My husband, another couple, and myself were staying here for Miss Teen Va. The weekend before we were in the area so we stopped by to see the 2 rooms that were reserved in our name. They were fairly nice. However when we checked in the following weekend we were not given those to rooms. The rooms they gave us were bad. The pageant dresses had to lay mainly on the floor because the closet was nonexistent. The other room had used and dirty towels in the shower left over from the person before. When we go downstairs through the dog park (I mean lobby) there were animals running everywhere. The girl at the front desk informed us that we could not have the suite we were promised because they had given it to someone else. When we had the manager contacted on the phone and told her about the poor quality of our stay she said she was "insulted when we said the integrity of this hotel was awful". We are the ones insulted, we were treated with disrespect due to their own lack of planning. Never will stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Samantha C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Samantha C,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. I apologize about the misunderstanding about the room and the hotel conditions. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

Janice A
IHG Care

Travelers are raving about these Bristol hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Hilton Garden Inn Bristol
Quality Inn and Suites Bristol
Hampton Inn Bristol
Hampton Inn Bristol
#2 of 6 in Bristol

Been to Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center? Share your experiences!