“Disappointed no free breakfast!”

Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Bristol
Greenbrae, California
“Disappointed no free breakfast!”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Although the hotel was newer looking and clean, we were disappointed to find that they had a restaurant there, but no free breakfast or breakfast discount! The hotel staff was fine, not overly friendly but efficient enough. The room was clean the bed was comfy and the bathroom good. I might stay here again, but would plan better for meals. We had not stayed anywhere else on our cross country trip that did not offer at least a cold continental breakfast.

Room Tip: Restaurant on premises, others in area.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dawn H, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center for your stay and for taking the time to offer your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our breakfast options. As a full service hotel, we have a full restaurant and lounge with menu items made to order. This is what sets us apart from limited service chains. While the breakfast is not free, you can be assured that your food is made especially for you! We do have lower cost options for those working within a budget, so please feel free to ask our front desk staff about them during your next stay with us. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Best Regards,

Dawn Hogan
Assistant General Manager
Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Alabaster, Alabama
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We booked a night here through Priceline for $65.00. It's a nice hotel, clean and in a good area. It was quiet and comfortable, all exept the pillows. Holiday Inn gives you a chice of firm or soft pillows on each bed. Trust me, one is no better than the other. Hubby and I both struggled to sleep with the rock hard, over stuffed pillows. We have the neck ache to prove it. If you stay here, bring your own pillow and you will do just fine.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My girlfriend and I setup a meeting here for the weekend. we are in a long distance relationship and needed a nice place to stay half way between us.. I chose this holiday inn based on a lot of reviews from this site and others. I called in to book a reservation directly with the front desk, it went very smoothly. so did checkin. checkout was so hassle free I feel like it was wrong... bill slid under my door when I woke up, handed in my keys on the way out. no signature or nothing. just a "Thats All, Have a great day!"

the hotel is very very clean, very up to date, stylish comfortable rooms and the staff was fun and accommodating.

Everything is brightly lit and feels very safe, this was a big concern for me since we were meeting LATE Saturday night and she may have arrived before me. A lone mom with kids should have no fears walking in/out at 1am.

it is convenient to a lot of well known chain restaurants as well as mom and pops, delivery, bowling, movies and supermarket. It was perfect for our weekend get together. there was a bar downstairs but it seemed to be occupied for private parties both nights. not sure if it is normally open to all guests or not but we didn't need it with all the available dining in the area.

I have family that owns many business in the hospitality industry, and my stay here was EVERYTHING I expect from a hotel. it's basically brand new, and well run.

Thanks for the great little vacation!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel has 10 floors and a large conference center. My wife and I stayed at this hotel during Sept 21-23 to attend the Super Chevy Car Show at the Bristol Motor Speedway. After reading some of the reviews we were rather skeptical about staying there.

I was very surprised by the lobby check-in area upon arrival. It was large, spacious and newly decorated. It was very appealing and I was immediately relieved that the hotel lobby was so clean with new carpet, wall trim and furniture.

Our room was also clean, newly decorated and had the fresh "new" smell. The bed was comfortable and we enjoyed our stay there.

Our only complaint is the interstate road noise was fairly loud. Apparently the newly remodeled hotel did not include new windows [which would have reduced or eliminated those sounds]. However, we used our sleeping iPhone noise making app, which covered the outside noises and enjoyed peaceful sleep.

The parking lots are large and we were able park our trailer on the back lot without obstruction or fear of vandalism.

When we return to an event at the speedway, we will certainly make a reservation at this hotel.

As a P.S. This hotel has three spacious, speedy elevators, all of which functioned without issue.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Queensbury, New York
Reviewed September 5, 2012

First, I would like to say I was tricked and told I was on the 15th floor. Unless the elevators are messed up, there are only 10 floors! Another thing the elevators. I do have a big suitcase but the little rinky dink elevator to the right, with the single slide door is messed up! Also, when I spoke with a mature clerk they said I was on 2. I go to 2, go inside and try to go to sleep. Well some club is going on downstairs and is jamming until 2-3AM. I normally love Holiday Inn but this was A HUGE DISGRACE!!!

Room Tip: None of the rooms are good.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank nycbubba345

Travelers are raving about these Bristol hotels

Laredo, Texas
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night.

Checki-in was quick and simple. The person at the front desk was friendly and helpful. My room was great! The bed was super comfy and I slept all night. The bathroom was standard and clean. Thr air conditioning was perfect. This was one of the frst hotels didn't have to fiddle with the AC! Breakfast isn't included but foe $7.95, you can have the continental breakfast.

The hotel is in a great location right off of the interstate. There's a Starbucks right up the street and a few more restaurants. It was a very nice one night stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Gastonia, North Carolina
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights while attending the Gentlemen of the Road music festival. We arrived at a busy time, but the line moved quickly and the front desk staff took time to tell us about the shuttles and answer questions.
Our suite was on the tenth floor and had nice views. The rooms were clean and well equipped with mini fridge and microwave. Housekeeping was friendly and helpful.
The bed was comfortable, room very quiet.
We had a few ants in the cabinet above the microwave but they didn't eat much.

The only negative about our stay was the bar downstairs. The hotel was busy due to the festival and the bar was packed Friday night. Service was terrible, we ended up leaving before we were ever waited on. Fortunately, the hotel accommodations were superior and I would love to visit Bristol again and stay at the Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: I enjoy the higher levels of a hotel, and would recommend the 10th floor suites. Nice views and very...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Courtyard Bristol
Quality Inn and Suites Bristol
Hampton Inn Bristol
Hampton Inn Bristol
#2 of 6 in Bristol

Been to Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center? Share your experiences!