“Horrible experience”

Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Bristol
“Horrible experience”
Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

They had one check in person so took 30 minutes to check in. They had a fraternity party there that night and we had to call security twice. People were in the hallway shouting, partying, and drunk until 2am. The elevators were broken our whole stay! Staff were rude and had not a clue as to how a hotel is run. My sister cancelled all future reservations for out of town guests for her wedding! I am a priority club member and this was the worst hotel I have ever stayed with in this chain!

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Colekinley
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center, responded to this review, June 3, 2012
Dear Colekinley,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHG Care

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Everything about my stay was fairly good. The bed was semi-firm but comfortable. The rooms are spacious. The hotel is well appointed in decor. The water pressure in the shower is "stingingly" good...lol Perhaps too good!! BUT the water doesn't get very hot at all. In fact, by the time it hits your body it's at a lukewarm temp. Overall was a great place to lay my head for the night.

• Stayed April 2011
Dawn H, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a review. Your comments are very important to us! The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Your comments regarding water temperature were relayed to our Chief Engineer for review. Again, we appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Best Regards,

Dawn Hogan
Assistant General Manager
Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center
Laurel, Delaware
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Staff was friendly, room was clean, the price was right.

• Stayed April 2011
Greg S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to rate us. We appreciate guest that take the time to rate your visit at my hotel. I appreciate hearing from you and letting us know how we can improve or when we please our guest what we did right. I look forward to you returning next time your in the area.

Best regards,
Greg Scott
General Manager.
El Segundo, California
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel every week for business for about two years. Then, out of the blue, they decided to go up on my rate. They told me they could no longer honor our agreed rate due to "property location". Last time I checked, the hotel was NEVER sold out. In fact, the parking lot wasn't even full! So basically they turned me away. It seems to me that somebody would be better than nobody, right? It's a decent hotel though, that's why I stayed there every week. Nice staff, clean rooms, convenient location. The highway noise is a bit bothersome. A little pricey, especially considering you don't even get free breakfast.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center, responded to this review, March 31, 2012
Mark H,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We’re sorry that you received service that was less-than-satisfactory. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ben J
IHG Care
Wilmington
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Recently stayed at this Hotel on Business. It has a convenient location and fair rates. The staff were all extremely friendly and eager to be of service, but ...The renovations left a toilet fixture that required fixing after every use. The first of three nights the chef called in sick so dinner was not possible. The second night we were inclined to think we were lucky the first night. Dinner was frankly awful. Breakfast was good however and smiling staff can make up for a lot.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank JudgeDredd55
Dawner12, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Hello, and thank you for taking time out of your busy day to give us feedback regarding your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Bristol, VA. I do apologize for any issues you experienced during your stay with us. I have spoken with both the Chief Engineer regarding the plumbing is and the Food & Beverage Director regarding the restaurant quality, and please be assured that these issues will be resolved. Our team members strive to make each stay a success here while visiting Bristol and appreciate the feedback you've provided. Please feel free to call or e-mail if I can assist you with any future stays.

Best Regards,

Dawn Hogan
Assistant General Manager
Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center
Bristol, VA

Travelers are raving about these Bristol hotels

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I am a Priority Club member of this hotel chain, so I have nothing against Holiday Inn. I stayed 2 nights for business. The hotel is remodeled and looks good, rooms are nice and clean, beds are comfy, staff is courteous and the location is good for restaurants. I know they cannot help that they are next to the highway, but traffic noise could bother some people. What seems to lack is common "service" sense. First, don't have your smoking area in the main entrance of the hotel. It's a long walkway to the entrance and to walk through the smoke and stink is not very customer friendly. Breakfast starts at 6 a.m. according the information in the room, yet when I went down I was told 6:30 a.m. Not a big deal, but when when you have to sit for 35 minutes more while they set up the buffet, that's a problem. The wait staff went out of their way to try and make it right. Also, one day there is coffee in the lobby at 6 a.m. and the next no coffee after waiting until 6:20 a.m. I also like to work out. The eliptical sounded like and felt like a train rolling down the tracks and weight training machines are limited. No room to stretch and they need some hand weights.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tom A
Greg S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
Dear Tom,
Thank you for your review of my hotel. I appreciate guest that let us know how we are pleasing them.

Our Restaurant does in fact open at 6:30, and we do have coffee in the lobby 24 hours a day. They do have to refill and refresh and that is why we were out on your second day.

I am sorry that our fitness room was not up to your standards. For a hotel ours far exceeds the requirements.

I look forward to serving you again next time that your in the Bristol area. I remain,

At your service,
Greg Scott, CHA
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We stayed there on Thursday night, Got a fair rate being a walkin customer. The front desk clerk John was very helpful. Easy checkin , the room was great, Hotel doesnt look like the pictures posted, it had underwent a complete remodel and is very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a upper floor lower number