“Not that great...”

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Bristol
Virginia
“Not that great...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2009

I was traveling by myself on a 2-day trip for the holidays and booked this hotel based on reviews I read. I was not impressed. For traveling by myself, it was a safe place to stay, but I was not impressed with the room. The bed was very comfortable but I saw a couple of hairs on the bathroom floor, which totally grosses me out. The room was old and you could see cracks in the walls and such. It was just not up to my specifications. It's okay if you aren't a hotel snob and just want a place to stay for the night, but i would not stay here again. Hairs on the floor is disgusting to me.

• Liked — Location felt safe as it is set apart out of the way on a hill
  • Disliked — Room not very clean
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Maryville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2008

Quiet, comfortable, clean, and affordable. Great location just off I-81, convenient to Bristol Speedway. Friendly, competent staff.

Get up early for the complimentary breakfast; the gravy biscuits run out fast. Plenty of waffles, donuts, and good coffee though.

This is our second fine La Quinta stay this year. Not your father's La Quinta; both places had recently been refurbished and were several notches above expectations. Hampton quality at less cost.

• Liked — Clean, comfortable, quiet, safe, convenient location, nearby amenities
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2008

Nice place for an overnite, Room was comfortable and clean. It's not the Taj Mahal but adequate for our purposes.

• Stayed December 2008
Baltimore, MD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2008

1. I cannot believe that there is no tub in the very spacious rest room! Shower only!
2. No microwave oven.
3. Very plain furnitures, not as good as other 3 star hotels I checked in before, such as wingate, which charged me at a similar price.
4. Coffee maker is old, not clean, and broken.
5. No trash bag in the trash can.
6. Shampoo provided without conditioner.

• Disliked — No tub. No microwave, plain furniture.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2008

Recently my husband and I made the trip from New Jersey to Texas during our move. Based on the reviews from TA, I decided to give the La Quinta Inn a chance for our first night stopover on the road - it was a great price with my AAA discount and they charged no pet fee which was important as we had our 3 cats moving with us.

For a price of about $45, we were beyond happy with what we received! A clean, cozy room and a nice breakfast selection in the morning, all for 3 people (my father joined us on our trip) and again at such a low price. We had no problems with this hotel and I really appreciate people that post about such places because it really is possible to find decent hotels nowadays that are clean and provide free breakfast at about $50 a night. We have found a few other gems in other states in our travels and I just wanted to encourage other people who want a non-expensive, not fancy but clean hotel for a night or so, to stay here. Very happy with our experience. It was exactly what we were looking for, and I spend much time pouring over reviews searching for gems like these! My main concern is always always always cleanliness and cost! This hotel met my standards. :)

• Liked — Clean rooms and great hospitality.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Birmingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2008

This is a good hotel and highly recommended. The accommodations are above well above average - clean rooms, wel maintained properties, secure. The customer service is what made this a positive experience. Staff was very friendly and made us feel welcome. Definitely a great place to stay!

• Liked — Customer Service
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
Chattanooga, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2008

I had an occasion to stay at the LaQuinta in Bristol , VA while traveling to see family. The room was clean--the bed was hard, but I travel with one of the form twin mattess toppers since hotel beds are notorious for not sleeping well.

The staff was very friendly and I had a pleasant stay. My only complaint is the bathroom, and this is a complaint common of many hotels. There was mold on the tile in the bathroom. I do not know why they do not spray them down with a bleach spray to keep down the mold since there is little circulation in the bathrooms. There was more than usual in this bath, which is a shame.

There were few at breakfast, though there was a good selection. I will stay again. Don't forget to put in for the AARP or AAA discount, as the room was extremely reasonable at their website--less than Priceline or other such websites.