“good price, friendly”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Bristol
Knoxville, Tn
“good price, friendly”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We booked this hotel for Bristol Rhythm and Roots Festival. The price was awesome and the staff was wonderfully friendly. The convience was wonderful in the fact that there was a shuttle from the hotel to the festivel. We did not do the breakfast because I have to have protein and they had mostly cereal and waffels. The rooms were decent and clean. There was surprisingly a fridge and microwave which I didn't notice in the ammenities. The day of check out I asked if we could leave both vehicles that we brought, while at the festival and they didn't even bat an eye. I offered to drive them to the back and they said there would be no problem in leaving them where they were. For the price the room was clean and staff was friendly. I did not give it a five because it could use some cleaning up on the outside. The painted brick was dirty and the walkways needed cleaning. But other than that, it was a great stay. I definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Niles, Ohio
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I just needed a room for a night and they had a good price. The people I spoke to that worked there were all friendly and courteous. The room was clean and looked well kept. The bathroom had the older tile and cast iron tub. Not bad in itself but the shower switched from scalding hot to cold multiple times while I was taking a shower. In hurrying to adjust the temperature I caught my finger under the knob and in the chipped out opening for the shaft. While I was uninjured it put a large gouge in my fingernail. Could have been worse. The continental breakfast was average but no tables available when I was there due to the number of people.

Room Tip: You an walk to Cheddar's across the street for dinner.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed two nights at this hotel and was extremely pleased with our room-beds are comfortable, the staff is fantastic, helpful and friendly and the breakfast is good. The rooms are very comfortable, clean and affordable! We recommend this hotel as a great choice whether on vacation, business or just a get away to the area as it conveniently located to the speedways, restaurants are very close by; many to choose from and to Abingdon for a visit to the Barter theater. Your pets are always welcome here as well and the rooms smell fresh and clean; your not able to tell pets have stayed in the rooms.

Room Tip: We have always stayed on the front side facing the office and never have had a problem with any traf...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Was visiting Bristol on business from August 24-29, but couldn't find a Saturday night room due to the race. Unfortunate that some hotels take advantage of the situation by charging five times what their room is worth. Not only do you feel taken advantage of, but the feeling is compounded when you're given a room that smells like an ashtray and is in various stages of disrepair. The bed was clean and comfortable, but the AC fan made horrible noises which made it impossible to sleep. I was glad to head across the highway to my beloved Courtyard the next morning.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Honerism
Eastern Tennessee
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Clean the room. Bristol is an older property, probably late 50's or early 60's (the sprinkler system was a retro fit). Maintenance is key. The managers are not doing well in this area. We stayed at 404, suite with sleeper. The sleeper was a disaster. It was not made up with sheets. The sheets in the drawer were not clean, but at 2:00 AM what could one do, call the oncall maid? There was a cigarette burn in the chair. Wifi was free, but unavailable in 404. Breakfast was the worst of any I have encountered at La Quinta. No cream, no half n half! No cereal! No meats. Hard boiled eggs, pastries and make yourself waffles was all that were there, oh and skim milk.
My wife was reluctant to stay again at La Quinta after our experience at the North Jacksonville property. You really should put "cruise ship" warning notices out on that property. I really think Bristol is worse.
The price, with AARP discount was $150. What a ripoff. It was worse than Motel 8 for twice the cost.
So recommendations, if you have a room which is only used when full, make sure it is clean. Put another wireless router on that end of the property. Replace furniture which cigarette burns ( How long has no smoking been the policy) Upgrade the breakfast menu.
I realize why I no longer have elite status at La Quinta, if available I now stay at Drury

• Stayed August 2013

Travelers are raving about these Bristol hotels

Riverhead, New York
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I arrived very late at night after a long day of traveling.
The first room we got was a non-smoking room that smelled SO badly of cigarettes. So we asked for a non-smoking room that no one has smoked in, and the night auditor was more than accommodating. She helped us to another room, a floor up, that did not smell of smoke at all.
It was a nice, and quick stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Courtyard Bristol
#4 of 13 in Bristol
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#7 of 10 in Abingdon

Been to Days Inn Bristol? Share your experiences!