“Decent food, unfriendly staff”
Review of Wild Woods BBQ - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Wild Woods BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed July 8, 2012

The food was okay. BBQ was decent. Side dishes seemed to come from a can and could use more seasoning. Worst part was the unfriendly staff. No one smiled and it seemed as if they were mad we came in to eat. Staff was eating in the kitchen and gossiping well within hearing range. Will probably try another BBQ place next time.

2  Thank Steph M

Reviewed July 5, 2012

It was not the typical authentic bbq restaurant I am used to going to. The food was ok. Service was decent.

2  Thank luv2bamom3
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I went today with some coworkers and had a good lunch. The folks were friendly and were all working hard. The food was served as a buffet for lunch. I assume dinner is menu only?

This is what I would call country food - some cooked from scratch, some vegetables were canned but seasoned well. The BBQ is smoked on-site, however and was pretty good. On the buffet, they serve 3 meats with pulled pork served everyday and other meats changed daily.The pork wasn't mushy at all, but was tender and had good flavor. The pink smoke ring was visible, which is a good sign.

There are 4 BBQ sauces on the table and they are all good. I prefer the NC style but the Chipotle and Texas also got good reviews but my coworkers. The drinks are served in huge cups so you don't have to keep asking for refills. There were several cookies and some kind of blueberry-pie-filling topping a cream-cheese/whipped-topping dessert, which I was told was good also.

There is a small salad bar but I didn't see any of the guys having salad (haha). Most of the folks eating lunch today were resque squad, blue collar workers or local office workers, with most being guys. It is a BBQ place after all! And for only $7.95 plus drink, you can't beat it.

2  Thank Curtis24401
Reviewed May 23, 2012

This was our first visit to the BBQ. The food was hot and delicous. The Buffett was great

2  Thank Katherine C
Reviewed April 18, 2011

I've been to Wild Woods on several occassions and had a variety of their menu options, ranging from the chicken salad croissant, pulled pork sandwich and bacon cheeseburger. I've had the fries and onion strings for sides - the onion strings are my favorite! For dessert, I've had the fruit cobblers as well as the chocolate molten cake, all delicious!!! The serve tea with free refills or soda in cans, charged seperately. Very good food, I'll definitely be back! :-)

2  Thank Walla0214