“Great Views and Family Friendly”

Twin Oaks Tavern Winery
Ranked #5 of 8 things to do in Bluemont
More attraction details
Owner description: Twin Oaks Tavern Winery is a charming boutique winery nestled in the scenic mountainside of Bluemont, VA with panoramic views of the Shenandoah Valley. We offer a number of distinctive wines, including Chardonnay, Vidal Blanc, White Nights, Cabernet Sauvignon, Raven Rocks Red, Norton, Peach, Raspberry, Mulled Wine, Spice Wine Chiller, and our Lemon Chiller. Come enjoy a bottle on our deck, and some of our delicious light fare, or bring your own picnic. We are kid and dog friendly.
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great Views and Family Friendly”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Let me be the first to say that typically wine tasting is usually done with just my husband and I, however, we were heading back from Great Country Farms (family outing) and stumbled acorss this winery when we were driving home. I ran in to see if we could get a bottle of wine to share, while my husband waited outside on their beautiful deck, with our daughter and dog. They asked me if I wanted to taste and I quickly explained the situation, and they said they are family AND dog friendly. They were happy to have the whole family in the tasting room. They brought us a cheese and meat platter for my daughter and this allowed my husband and I to do the wine tasting. The tasting menu was fairly small but all of the wines were pleasant. If you purchase a bottle they also refunded the cost of the tasting (not typical in VA wineries). We ended up spending a considerable amount of time there just enjoying the views on an unusually warm fall day with the whole family. Pleasant surprise and I would definitely recommend it. Friendly staff for sure.

Visited October 2013

Hughesville, MD
115 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 217 helpful votes
“Nice day out but only one bathroom”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Six of us went to the winery after River Tubing at Watermelon Park. We paid $5 each to taste six wines. If you wanted to take your glass home, it was an additional $5. The Chardonnay, Cabernet and Blend were very good. The Raspberry to tart for my liking and the Peach to mild in flavor. The Norton was did not live up to it's description. So, three out of six, not bad. We sat outside and enjoyed our wine with the picnic we brought. They do have small snack items for purchase: cheese, crackers, sausage. They had a young woman playing her guitar and singing inside. They opened the windows so we could hear her sing from where we were seated outside. The rest of our group, ten additional people arrived about an hour after us. There was plenty of seating to fit everyone outside or inside. The view is amazing. One negative is that they only have one bathroom, shared by man or woman, total ONE bathroom. If they could expand and add another it would get a 5 star rating.

Visited August 2013
Sterling, Virginia
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Great view good wine”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We have visited several winery/vineyards in the area and this one has one of the best views of the Shenandoah Valley. Enjoy the view, the birds and other wildlife while sampling the wines. Or bring a picnic lunch and sit out on the deck with one of their fine wines and just relax. There is a small fee if you just want to do wine tasting. But no fee if you are buying a bottle. Light food is available for purchase.

Visited June 2013
Alexandria
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“LOVE!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Such an awesome atmosphere. It is very tavern-like inside the winery and the service and people are the same way - laid back, relaxed, comfortable, and friendly. The wine is quite tasty as well. They also have a cute deck to just sit and look at the beautiful view while sipping on a glass of wine. Definitely a charming place that I will totally go to again.

Visited June 2013
State College, Pennsylvania
100 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 113 helpful votes
“Love the atmosphere!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Visited this winery for the very first time two weeks ago. They have a great vibe here, truly a tavern setting. And what a view!!! Even on the cloudy, chilly day we were there, the view was still beautiful. I'm looking forward to going back on a clear, sunny day and seeing that view again. They offer indoor seating and outdoor patios, and are planning an outdoor patio expansion later this year. The grounds are limited, but beautiful. Parking could be a problem on busy days, especially as their popularity grows. Spent several hours on our first visit and will go back again and again.

Visited March 2013