“Bedbugs”

Comfort Inn Bluefield
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bluefield
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed 2 nights here at this pleasant Comfort Inn in Bluefield VA. Upon awakening the first morning I noticed 2 pin-sized drops of blood on my side of the double bed. I immediately checked the rest of the fitted sheet. No more spots were present. We tried to move the bed out from the wall to check behind it to no avail. I didnot place my luggage near the bed, as I had done extensive research on the tracks of bedbugs. The second and last morning we were there, on my husband's side of the bid were 3 pin-sized drops of blood. We both checked our elbows thoroughly to be certain we didn't have a scrape which might have made a blood stain, but neither of us did. I am very concientious when we travel to not place our bags on the bed, and even go so far to spray our bags with a BedBug Spray. In our travels, this is the first time I have come across that tell-tale sign of the presence of bed bugs.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank roseann d
gm_va447, Manager at Comfort Inn Bluefield, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

Please accept our sincerest apology regarding your recent stay with us. We have taken steps with the housekeeper to correct the issues you addressed in your complaint.

The issue of Bed bugs is an issue that we take very seriously, we had our pest control company to come straight out and check into this issue for us. I am pleased to let you know upon the completion of their inspection no evidence of bed bugs was found.

I appreciate you taking time to let us know about your concerns.

Again, I would like to apologize for the housekeeping issues during your stay with us.

We hope the next time you are in the Bluefield area you will consider us as a place to stay.

Sincerely

Charles Craddock
Manager

Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

Just average decor, nothing overly special. Room was typical size with amenities. Bed was extremely clean and very comfortable. Tv worked well and offered variety of channels. Decor out dated but functional.

Nice clean fridge and microwave in the room. Coffee pot was nice inclusion too.

Bathroom was clean but showing signs of wear. Lots of towels which were a great size for my tall husband.

Really enjoyed the continental breakfast. Was more than just bagels and muffins and cheap juice.

My only criticism is that you could tell the hotel offered smoking rooms. Smoke could be smelled down the hall and in common areas. Im not a smoker so this made me queasy and find the halls and common areas felt dirty.

Overall nice place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank StephPeck
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Clean and updated and pleasant all around. This is the place to stay in this area! We checked out the other hotel ( it, too, starts with a C) and it was stuffy, stale, had a driveway filled with cigarette butts..not kept up at alll... This place is excellent.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bbabo
Reviewed October 6, 2011

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Bluefield, Va last weekend. We arrived very late but staff was there to greet us and check us in. The grounds are attractive and well kept. The rooms were very clean with comfortable beds and nice cotton linens. The bathroom was updated with granite counter and new bath/shower combo. They have a nice continental breakfast with scrambled eggs/omelets and make-your-own waffles, as well as a large assortment of other breakfast choices. We had plenty of towels and our room was cleaned and left beautifully made up for our second night's stay. I can't say enough about this nice hotel and we will be returning when in this part of the country. Would recommend to all.

Room Tip: This two story hotel has no elevator, so ask for a 1st floor room if stairs are an issue.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank Cathy C
Reviewed September 1, 2011

While I gave the Comfort Inn in Bluefield an "average" rating, it is not an elegant hotel BUT was just fine for our use and came at a value price. And, in the Bluefield area this was an easy to find and good place to get some sleep, meet with friends and so forth.
We stayed at the Comfort Inn while attending a wedding in the area. A block of rooms was reserved at a value price. Check-in was a bit slow but the staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel offered a complimentary breakfast that was very busy with the number of guests. The food was fine for anyone that wants a quick breakfast. This Comfort Inn also had a pool that was enjoyed by many of the wedding guests over the course of the weekend. Additionally, the outdoor area (behind the lobby area) was well maintained with chairs and tables for groups to gather.
Truly, the hotel was not the main event for our weekend... but it nicely faciliated the needs of our group and served us well. The rooms were fine and the mini-frig and microwave in each room was a plus.

10  Thank Denise S
Reviewed August 12, 2011

My wife and I rarely stay at Comfort Inns, but, on a recent trip to the Virginia and West Virginia mountains, our hotel choices were a little more limited than usual. I chose the Bluefield Comfort Inn because it was close to the end of one of our day's travels, and we were both really impressed! The staff was uniformly excellent and very concerned that our stay was a pleasant one, and the young lady maintaining the morning breakfast area is worthy of special mention. The physical facility, though not brand new, is very well maintained and kept extremely clean. Landscaping is immaculate, and the small pool and garden in the middle of the hotel is lovely and very inviting. Our room was very comfortable and clean, and the stains on the furniture or carpeting that are often present in older hotels was totally absent. The only negative noted was the fact that the two-bed room that we booked contained two double beds rather than two queen-size --- this may have been my fault, but I believe that all of their two-bed rooms contain double beds rather than queens.

All in all, a very pleasant surprise during our recent trip to the mountains. A very well maintained and clean facility, populated with as caring and competent a staff as we have found in our travels.

6  Thank RickSchlegel
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Everything about this hotel is great!!!!! the staff is great and the pool was very nice.

1  Thank happyinphilly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bluefield
Quality Hotel and Conference Center
Econo Lodge Near Bluefield College
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Princeton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Princeton
Holiday Inn Express Princeton / I-77
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#4 of 15 in Princeton

Been to Comfort Inn Bluefield? Share your experiences!