“Not terrible” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Macado's

Macado's
Ranked #10 of 126 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charleston, South Carolina
“Not terrible”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is hard to explain. It's really loud, in every respect. The atmosphere, the decor, the people are all really abrasive. The food isn't terrible, it's way way better than Applebee's, for example. But the staff is a little snippy, and like I said, it's a difficult environment to be in. Maybe it's just me. I did like my sandwich though.

Visited May 2014

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Meh...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

I know this is a chain but it had a high rating and we needed to get a quick bite before we got on the highway after my son's collage tour. Atmosphere was very '80s TGI Friday's or Bennigan's. Many of the framed papers and magazines were related to Virginia Tech so it did have a nice local feel. The prices are reasonable and the fare is standard pub food. I had wings with a Thai peanut sauce which were very good. My only complaint is the waitress didn't bring me a dish for the bones and seemed comfortable with me stacking them up on a napkin. My daughter had a Cesar wrap, she didn't comment on it and my son had a burger. He didn't eat all of it which means he didn't like it that much even thought he wouldn't say it. I doubt I'll visit again unless I'm in the same circumstance. Okay food and decent prices not a bad place, just not a good one.

Burke, Virginia
“Wonderful restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

Macado's had a great atmosphere... We were seated right away, and our waitress was very friendly. It seemed like she was always there to satisfy our needs. All of the food items were reasonably priced, and there was a wide variety of food on the menu to choose from. The food was amazing... make sure to try the Gibson Girl... one of the best meals I have ever had. I would definitely go back to Macado's!

Bealeton, Virginia
“A little disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

I'd heard good things about this place. I did love the decor and atmosphere - lots of movie oriented paraphernalia, very eclectic. The waitress was very nice, but it took a long time to get our food. Not the waitress' fault - I'm sure she brought it when it was ready. But took a long time to be ready. The food was average. The pulled pork sandwich was on a pretty boring soggy bun. The oreo shake was ok, but nothing special - not much oreo flavor. The others I was with felt the same about their food - ok, but nothing special. Pretty standard fare, but overall, considering what I'd heard, I was disappointed. Maybe we caught them on a bad day, since others I know have liked it very much. May need to give them another shot.

Washington, Missouri
“Interesting decor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

It was the second King Kong in two days for me-what a surprise. Food .and drinks reasonably priced. Cuisine nothing special, but large selection. Waiter was slightly inattentive as screwed up the checks but eventually got it figured out. Would go back

Visited April 2014