“Fun experience, tasty meals, pricy”

Poor Billy's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #66 of 127 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Christiansburg, Virginia
“Fun experience, tasty meals, pricy”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

This was my first visit to this popular restaurant in 35 years if living here. I always worried that I wouldn't know how to order & eat their raw oysters or the sushi bar. I should have visited years ago!

The place has the appearance of a dive inside, but a comfortable place to hang out. No white table cloths. I can imagine that it's rather noisy when full.

They have a full menu of seafoods, steaks and sushi, all prepared In house and fresh.

My wife enjoyed giant sea scallops ($23) while I had shrimp and grits($20). A small loaf of bread is served while your dinner is prepared.

Both dishes were delicious and too large! We came away comfortably full.

Our waitress was Elizabeth who gave friendly, prompt and knowledgeable service.

Tab for our meals, a beer and gin &tonic came to $51. Kind of stiff for a casual meal for two, but it was delicious!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Ernie B

“Great place”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Excellent good, excellent service, great surroundings. Couldn't ask for any more. A little pricey, but worth it.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank JoeBog
NTAZ
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Service and Great Food”
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Andy and his team do a great job! The food and service are top shelf. If you haven't been you are missing out on a great dining experience!

1 Thank CRM61
“Manager makes this place "Top Shelf"”
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Owning several customer service companies, I understand what it's like to operate a business like this. The new management here has moved this establishment from mediocre to excellent. We've enjoyed our dates at Poor Billy's, but never like we do now. Tightened up, and top notch. Each week we have a better experience.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank TT013
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Great restaurant!”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

While in town for a conference recently, a few colleagues and I randomly ducked into this restaurant for dinner, mostly to get out of the cold, but wow, did we ever luck out!

What a gem! The decor is fun and funky! The hostess and our server (Emily, I think) were both great.

And the food! YUM! We ordered the hummus appetizer, which was to die for! And we all enjoyed our entrees. I had the massive chicken caesar salad, and was actually not quite able to finish it, it was THAT big. It was really delicious!

To complete my gluttony, I also ordered a piece of the triple chocolate mousse pie. I was only able to eat a bite or two and had it boxed to go, but devoured over the next couple of days.

All in all, a really great experience here! I'd definitely recommend it, and hope to return someday!

• Visited February 2014