WINNER WONDERLAND

Poor Billy's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #69 of 124 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
stafford, va
“Great seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

We were at Parents weekend at nearby Radford University when our son decided he wanted seafood, so our GPS led us to Poor Billy's. Although pricey for the area, the food was outstanding - Crab legs, Salmon, and Snapper were all fresh and flavorful - and I grew up on the Gulf coast so my seafood standard is pretty high. The vegetables were also excellent and they let me exchange fried onions for grilled asparagus with no extra charge. A good selection of craft beers, although apparently no local ones. Service was prompt although the server didn't really know anything about the craft beers. One minor complaint - three TV's in sight but all the same football game (not vt).

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank johncatworth

Yorktown, Virginia, United States
“Great food, but be ready to spend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Very good food, but very pricey for Blacksburg. Never had a bad meal there but the service has been hit or miss. Nice interior as well. Very good sushi, but there are other places that are cheaper and just as good in the area.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank GlennS_88
Manalapan, New Jersey
“Impressive service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

We live near the shore and expect a lot from a place billing itself as a seafood restaurant. We were impressed. Within minutes of being seated they asked us to move so they could seat a large party. We had not even ordered yet and it was no big deal. They bent over backwards for us. Everyone loved their food. The fish was fresh and excellently prepared. Will be back!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank daps615
Clinton, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

The steamed seafood appetizer for two was unbelievable! It was enormous and truly wonderful. It's too bad we don't live closeby (or even in the same state), otherwise we would go back again and again.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Barbara S
Blacksburg, Virginia, USA
“Very Pricey, Very Delicious, Very Disturbing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

...I think it stands to reason that the most expensive place in town should have the best food in town. And as far as I can tell, it does. I immensely enjoyed two golden brown leek/ricotta/lobster cakes with very garlicy sides of kale and baked potato. But the price? Poor Billy's isn't just the most expensive place in town, it's the most expensive place in town by far. The cheapest thing on the menu that isn't an app are $20 salads. I don't know about you, but if I'm ordering $20 for a salad it'd better have at least a five dollar bill at the bottom of it...

...Holy-portion-size-Batman! That's what I said when our entrees showed up. But let me back up for a sec. Yes, Poor Billy's is the most expensive joint in town, by A LOT. When you look at their menu of steak, seafood and sushi you go, "yeah, that looks great. I'm gonna put on my nice clothes and take a date/parents/visiting panda bear here." Then you walk in the door...

Read the complete review and more about Blacksburg establishments at: http://wp.me/p2WSQ8-Y

• Visited January 2013