“Fun Plus Value”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Richmond, Virginia
“Fun Plus Value”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Even though Poor Billy's can get really crowded (because it's so popular) the sound level doesn't get too loud. I don't know why that is, but the place was packed on Saturday night (2/25) and yet I could carry on a regular conversation at the table. No one bothered us and we did not bother anyone else.

The fried oysters were a good deal because the portion size was substantial and they tasted great. The sides were also enjoyable and the drinks were mixed just right. Only the bread was not up to the standards set by the rest of the menu. It seemed as though Poor Billy's marble loaf was heated in the microwave because it was hot and soft at first, but then it became hard and chewey after a minute.

However, the service was good. The prices were reasonable. The atmosphere was happy and everyone had a good time!

Visited February 2012
2 Thank EastCoastCruisers

Columbus, Ohio
“What a Surprise!”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Excellent seafood and great service. You'll be fulled by the surroundings. I thought it would be like a TGFridays however, it was fresh and great tasting food.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank goniles
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Best place in blacksburg”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

This is my favorite place to go in Blacksburg. It has great atamosphere, the servers are very nice and knowledgeable, and the food is outstanding. I have come here for steak, pasta dishes, seafood, and sushi and I have never been dissappointed.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank Kelley K
Draper, Virginia
“expensive and over sauced”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Have not found much her to make me want to come back.

Dayton "Birthplace of Aviation" OH
“Great food, would definitely go again!”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

We were delighted at the seafood selection and immediately ordered oysters on the half shell, which were exellent. Followed that up with steamed clams and some mussels, washed down with an excellent white wine for me and beer for my husband. All was served with warm bread that felt and tasted like home made. Nice atmosphere (although the night we were there it was not crowded). We enjoyed our evening very much and look forward to visiting again next time we're in town!

• Visited January 2012