“Lasagna or Pizza” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Backstreet's pizza - CLOSED

Backstreet's pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Stafford, Virginia
“Lasagna or Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Use to go here quite often, still stop in time to time when I am in town. It is a great place to get Lasagna in BBurg or to get pizza, especially at lunch if you just want to hit the buffet. Service is usually pretty good, keep in mind its a college town and nowhere is especially quick but Backstreet's tends to be much faster than the Cellar down the street. Also keep in mind game weekends make everything grind to a halt, however if you are there on those times and wait doesn't matter or you are there another time it is worth stopping in. Can't really ask for too much better for the price.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars

Lagos, Nigeria
“Baltimore Style is Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Ate here tonight....the pizza was fabulous. We will definitely return again the next time we are in Blacksburg

Visited November 2012
“Good Lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stopped here while on business. Surprisingly large selection of food on the menu with a emphasis on pizza. good reasonable place to go.

• Visited May 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Could be much better!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Waited over an hour for a burger, salad, and chicken sandwich! My salad was great (added goat cheese to the chicken & baby spinach salad), but so NOT worth the hour wait. What was supposed to be a grilled chicken sandwich came out as a (fried) Chicken Parmesan sub, which was still good, but not what we ordered. We told our server about the mix up and he offered to bring out the correct sandwich but we were so hungry there was no point to wait even longer! The restaurant was NOT busy and the server never apologized for our wait or attempted to explain what was taking so long.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
esturmone, General Manager at Backstreet's pizza, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
We arent open on Mondays ( 9-24 was a Monday ) . No other date or time of visit is given.
I checked back through our tickets back to Thursday9-20-12. No ticket found even close to these items . I asked our male servers if any remembered this incident, No one remembered this ( as an aside, our servers are authorized to offer a remake or discount to customers ). we did just come off a home football weekend, and it was VERY busy , but there is not a ticket matching this order all weekend.
So, I have no idea when this happened, or if it happened. I can't find an order matching this description, none of our servers or managers remember anything. If i take this person at their word, they waited an hour in an empty restaurant , then their food came out wrong, but no one asked for a manager or a discount ?
Without any more information I am left wondering what happened and when and if it happened .
Gainesville, Florida
“Went for brreakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I know it is an Italian place and hope to try their lunch and dinner menu but for breakfast go somewhere else. The serves was very good. My scrambled eggs were so overcooked they were very brown, the donut tasted like a soft pretzel with icing.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
esturmone, General Manager at Backstreet's pizza, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Hi !
Thanks for stopping in for Breakfast. I have to be honest , your eggs being brown was my mistake. I was training a new cook, I did see some brown , but i didnt think it was so much as to affect the taste. I apologize, I have never had a complaint on my eggs being overcooked before . As tot he donut, we make these fresh, they are fried, not cake style. this makes them chewier, but I would not say pretzel related at all. As always if you do nto liek ANYTHING about your time here at Backstreets, let us know while you are here, we can fix any problem you may have

Eric Sturm