“Good Lunch” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Backstreet's pizza - CLOSED

Backstreet's pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
“Good Lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stopped here while on business. Surprisingly large selection of food on the menu with a emphasis on pizza. good reasonable place to go.

• Visited May 2012

Blacksburg, Virginia
“Could be much better!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Waited over an hour for a burger, salad, and chicken sandwich! My salad was great (added goat cheese to the chicken & baby spinach salad), but so NOT worth the hour wait. What was supposed to be a grilled chicken sandwich came out as a (fried) Chicken Parmesan sub, which was still good, but not what we ordered. We told our server about the mix up and he offered to bring out the correct sandwich but we were so hungry there was no point to wait even longer! The restaurant was NOT busy and the server never apologized for our wait or attempted to explain what was taking so long.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
esturmone, General Manager at Backstreet's pizza, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
We arent open on Mondays ( 9-24 was a Monday ) . No other date or time of visit is given.
I checked back through our tickets back to Thursday9-20-12. No ticket found even close to these items . I asked our male servers if any remembered this incident, No one remembered this ( as an aside, our servers are authorized to offer a remake or discount to customers ). we did just come off a home football weekend, and it was VERY busy , but there is not a ticket matching this order all weekend.
So, I have no idea when this happened, or if it happened. I can't find an order matching this description, none of our servers or managers remember anything. If i take this person at their word, they waited an hour in an empty restaurant , then their food came out wrong, but no one asked for a manager or a discount ?
Without any more information I am left wondering what happened and when and if it happened .
Gainesville, Florida
“Went for brreakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

I know it is an Italian place and hope to try their lunch and dinner menu but for breakfast go somewhere else. The serves was very good. My scrambled eggs were so overcooked they were very brown, the donut tasted like a soft pretzel with icing.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
esturmone, General Manager at Backstreet's pizza, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Hi !
Thanks for stopping in for Breakfast. I have to be honest , your eggs being brown was my mistake. I was training a new cook, I did see some brown , but i didnt think it was so much as to affect the taste. I apologize, I have never had a complaint on my eggs being overcooked before . As tot he donut, we make these fresh, they are fried, not cake style. this makes them chewier, but I would not say pretzel related at all. As always if you do nto liek ANYTHING about your time here at Backstreets, let us know while you are here, we can fix any problem you may have

Eric Sturm
Arlington, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Great grilled pizza ans mozzarella sticks! We also had a fantastic waitress and enjoyed sitting outside on the patio while we ate.

Visited September 2012
esturmone, General Manager at Backstreet's pizza, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thanks for a great review ! I am posting this for all of our staff to see.

Thanks
Eric
Matoaca, Virginia
“Very Good Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Asked people that at one time lived in Blacksburg and they said to go there. The pizza was great. Had just a New York crust but was great. Will be back again.

• Visited August 2012