“Could be much better!”

Backstreet's pizza
Dining options: Buffet, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Buffet, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Waited over an hour for a burger, salad, and chicken sandwich! My salad was great (added goat cheese to the chicken & baby spinach salad), but so NOT worth the hour wait. What was supposed to be a grilled chicken sandwich came out as a (fried) Chicken Parmesan sub, which was still good, but not what we ordered. We told our server about the mix up and he offered to bring out the correct sandwich but we were so hungry there was no point to wait even longer! The restaurant was NOT busy and the server never apologized for our wait or attempted to explain what was taking so long.

esturmone, General Manager at Backstreet's pizza, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

We arent open on Mondays ( 9-24 was a Monday ) . No other date or time of visit is given.
I checked back through our tickets back to Thursday9-20-12. No ticket found even close to these items . I asked our male servers if any remembered this incident, No one remembered this ( as an aside, our servers are authorized to offer a remake or discount to customers ). we did just come off a home football weekend, and it was VERY busy , but there is not a ticket matching this order all weekend.
So, I have no idea when this happened, or if it happened. I can't find an order matching this description, none of our servers or managers remember anything. If i take this person at their word, they waited an hour in an empty restaurant , then their food came out wrong, but no one asked for a manager or a discount ?
Without any more information I am left wondering what happened and when and if it happened .

There are newer reviews for Backstreet's pizza

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I know it is an Italian place and hope to try their lunch and dinner menu but for breakfast go somewhere else. The serves was very good. My scrambled eggs were so overcooked they were very brown, the donut tasted like a soft pretzel with icing.

esturmone, General Manager at Backstreet's pizza, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Hi !
Thanks for stopping in for Breakfast. I have to be honest , your eggs being brown was my mistake. I was training a new cook, I did see some brown , but i didnt think it was so much as to affect the taste. I apologize, I have never had a complaint on my eggs being overcooked before . As tot he donut, we make these fresh, they are fried, not cake style. this makes them chewier, but I would not say pretzel related at all. As always if you do nto liek ANYTHING about your time here at Backstreets, let us know while you are here, we can fix any problem you may have

Eric Sturm

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Great grilled pizza ans mozzarella sticks! We also had a fantastic waitress and enjoyed sitting outside on the patio while we ate.

esturmone, General Manager at Backstreet's pizza, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thanks for a great review ! I am posting this for all of our staff to see.

Thanks
Eric

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Asked people that at one time lived in Blacksburg and they said to go there. The pizza was great. Had just a New York crust but was great. Will be back again.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I had never heard of Baltimore-style pizza before visiting Backstreet's Pizza, so naturally we had to go for it. Topping off the special crust with grilled shrimp and black olives was a real treat - and I normally do not like shrimp on pizza!

Attentive hostess and waiter, without being intrusive, made the visit very pleasant. I was impressed by the waiter's ability to describe a few of the beers. His recommendation was right on!

Will definitely be back on a future visit to Blacksburg!

esturmone, General Manager at Backstreet's pizza, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Thanks for the review !

I grew up in Baltimore, I don't think there is a formal Baltimore style pizza per se. I modeled this pizza on my favorite pizza place called Gussies. They used white cheddar and hand formed their crust . Apparenlty they are still open and specialize in pizza and crabcakes. A lot fo pizza ,places owned by persons of Greek origin use white cheddar instead of mozzarella. So glad you enjoyed it !!

Eric