“Went for brreakfast”

Backstreet's pizza
Dining options: Buffet, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Buffet, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I know it is an Italian place and hope to try their lunch and dinner menu but for breakfast go somewhere else. The serves was very good. My scrambled eggs were so overcooked they were very brown, the donut tasted like a soft pretzel with icing.

esturmone, General Manager at Backstreet's pizza, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Hi !
Thanks for stopping in for Breakfast. I have to be honest , your eggs being brown was my mistake. I was training a new cook, I did see some brown , but i didnt think it was so much as to affect the taste. I apologize, I have never had a complaint on my eggs being overcooked before . As tot he donut, we make these fresh, they are fried, not cake style. this makes them chewier, but I would not say pretzel related at all. As always if you do nto liek ANYTHING about your time here at Backstreets, let us know while you are here, we can fix any problem you may have

Eric Sturm

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Great grilled pizza ans mozzarella sticks! We also had a fantastic waitress and enjoyed sitting outside on the patio while we ate.

esturmone, General Manager at Backstreet's pizza, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thanks for a great review ! I am posting this for all of our staff to see.

Thanks
Eric

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Asked people that at one time lived in Blacksburg and they said to go there. The pizza was great. Had just a New York crust but was great. Will be back again.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I had never heard of Baltimore-style pizza before visiting Backstreet's Pizza, so naturally we had to go for it. Topping off the special crust with grilled shrimp and black olives was a real treat - and I normally do not like shrimp on pizza!

Attentive hostess and waiter, without being intrusive, made the visit very pleasant. I was impressed by the waiter's ability to describe a few of the beers. His recommendation was right on!

Will definitely be back on a future visit to Blacksburg!

esturmone, General Manager at Backstreet's pizza, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Thanks for the review !

I grew up in Baltimore, I don't think there is a formal Baltimore style pizza per se. I modeled this pizza on my favorite pizza place called Gussies. They used white cheddar and hand formed their crust . Apparenlty they are still open and specialize in pizza and crabcakes. A lot fo pizza ,places owned by persons of Greek origin use white cheddar instead of mozzarella. So glad you enjoyed it !!

Eric

Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I are pretty new to the area, but we've already tried Backstreet's three times. The first two times were for take out pizza. Delicious pizza!

The third try was today for a late lunch. We ordered beers, an appetizer, and two entrees. The beer was good, and the mozzarella sticks were great! Unfortunately, my husband's entree arrived before mine. No big deal, except that our waiter never came back with my meal! After his meal got cold and our waiter still hadn't returned, we flagged down a different server and asked her to send our server. A few minutes later, he finally showed up, told us he'd be right back, and disappeared again. Eventually we were told that the cooks got confused and overlooked my order. Again, this wasn't an unforgivable mistake, except that after canceling my order, the server disappeared again. It took a ridiculous amount of time to get the check and a to go box. Again, we had to flag down a different server for our check.

Sorry for the long, detailed saga. I will definitely order Backstreet's pizza again, but although the dine-in menu sounded delicious (I would have loved to try what I ordered!), I probably won't go back to eat at the restaurant. The experience left me frustrated and hungry.

1  Thank msudawg98
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Hi !
I am very sorry you had a bad experience with our service on Sunday . i believe your order was for a 12" merger, crawfish ravioli? I have looked into your order and found that this was a mistake by the server, not the kitchen. This is the first time we have had a problem with this server, this person is no longer a server with us.

Please feel free to contact me at info@backstreetsblacksburg.com if you would allow us a redo for free so you can try the dishes as you would have liked .

Eric Sturm, manager